Breed?

addeline

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
For months I have been trying to figure out what Chedder might be just out of curiosity

*He seems very big for his age
*long fluffy fur, tail is very fluffy long ear tufts on paws & ears
* He seems to have big paws
* he is sweet and lovable not a talker tho
He also has a very extreme non stop wild personality he is known as wild cat all day running around climbing everything playing with his toys other cats very rough knocking things over

**Here are pictures taken just today
Chedder 5 months**

Attachments

Last edited:

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I agree! He has a nice, square jaw and thick fur, ear tufts, and big paws like a Maine Coon. Especially since he’s big for his age! He could easily get up into the 20 lb range once he’s fully grown. The giant breeds like the Maine Coon will keep growing for about four years, so be sure to get him a cat food with meat as the first ingredient so he can get plenty of protein to grow him into a strong and healthy cat.

He’s very handsome and I love his coloring! I’m going to call over two experts and fans of the giant breeds, 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine and mightyboosh mightyboosh to see what they think. :)

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I agree with leopard_cats leopard_cats that there is some MC influence there. If so I would say tradition style and pet quality. I would expect his coat will get thicker and longer after the 2 year mark if he is mostly MC. Without papers or a DNA test he would be considered a Domestic Medium Hair I would think at this point but, that could change to Domestic Long Hair as he ages. He looks like he has a little size on him also for 5 months. He's a gorgeous cat!

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We must have been posting at the same time abyeb abyeb . abyeb is right about feeding. A lot of breeders recommend free feeding MC's and waiting till 8 months to spay/neuter as to not stunt their growth.

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with leopard_cats leopard_cats abyeb abyeb and sabian sabian His chunky muzzle, paws, tufts and good apparent size at 5 months are good MC indicators. He's a lovely boy and I suspect he is a little darker than he appears in the photos as they look just a tad overexposed.
Let him eat what he wants at this stage, after all, that's what the big breeds are all about - BIG. Bless em.

be sure to get him a cat food with meat as the first ingredient
And lots of it. You may get a discount if you order two or three truck loads instead of one. ;)

It will be interesting for us all to see him develop over the months and years so plenty of photos please.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree! He has a nice, square jaw and thick fur, ear tufts, and big paws like a Maine Coon. Especially since he’s big for his age! He could easily get up into the 20 lb range once he’s fully grown. The giant breeds like the Maine Coon will keep growing for about four years, so be sure to get him a cat food with meat as the first ingredient so he can get plenty of protein to grow him into a strong and healthy cat.

He’s very handsome and I love his coloring! I’m going to call over two experts and fans of the giant breeds, 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine and mightyboosh mightyboosh to see what they think. :)
A addeline - Not even a question about Maine Coon heritage - leopard_cats leopard_cats abyeb abyeb Sabian and mightyboosh mightyboosh have it exactly right, and these are four members who know the Big Breeds backwards and forwards.

Abyeb's advice - "be sure to get him a cat food with meat as the first ingredient so he can get plenty of protein to grow him into a strong and healthy cat..." is also on the money, and well worth heeding.

Cheddar is absolutely gorgeous!