Breathing noises

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wellington has always had loud breathing, and makes noises somewhere between a cough and a grunt when he is sleeping. Sometimes it is like a clearing the throat noise or a deep sigh. But he has no other symptoms. I have mentioned this to the vet a couple of times, and he has listened to his lungs and found nothing, so I told myself I was being silly ( I haven't even posted about it!)

Today when we were there for blood tests I spoke again about it and insisted that more monitoring was needed. So they did a chest Xray and some more listening. Now Haris says there is something visible on the picture, but he is not sure what. He showed me but it was hard to see. He does not want to dish out antibiotics until he has had a chance to consult with colleagues, but says he thinks it is not fluid, or a mass on the lungs. But he wouldn't say more, and will try to ring me tomorrow.

Now of course I am scared. I feel so ignorant. Anyone have any ideas, or cats with this symptom before?

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am not familar with this-is your house very dry in the winter that a humidifier can help????

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, the house is not dry, or damp either! None of the others have anything like it. I will see what Haris says tomorrow.