Boo is suddenly having issues with raw

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catnamedpanda

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thats great! :clap:

I think tomorrow I will start adding the raw back for Boo.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thats great! :clap:

I think tomorrow I will start adding the raw back for Boo.
:cross: It will all be alright!!!

I am adding only plain chicken and Turkey - so far so good!! I am up to 3 tsp today.
What I do is on the fist day, I started with 1/2 tsp - I do that for all meals (3). The second day I increased for 1 TSP. Again, do that for all meals.
Third day 2 tsp.... Same thing - all meals. Here is where I start removing some of the wet, otherwise he will be eating too much :nod:

Today was the 4th day and he got 3 Tsp. It was enough to balance with Ca.
So far he is doing just fine :nod:
Hopefully this will work :nod: :cross:

:vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes: for Boo!!!

catnamedpanda

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I added the little bit of chicken to Boo's food today. He ate all the wet food and just licked the chicken. I couldn't get him to eat it. I will try again with dinner.

catnamedpanda

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I managed to get him to eat the little bit of chicken tonight. He has kept it down no problem. :)

catnamedpanda

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well the little bit of raw Boo is getting he is doing just fine with.

I am trying not to freak out yet... But Delilah has had vommiting issues after eating today. This morning she was running around playing, jumped on the window sill and no sooner landed before she threw up all over the sill and managed to get it on the window and curtains too. I figured she just upset her stomach running around playing too hard, too soon after eating. Well after dinner she was sitting on the bathroom counter watching me, and out of no where throws up again, all over my arm this time. :nausea: There is no heaving before or any warning really. It is also very watery and not so much like she is really regurgitating so I don't know what to think. She acts normal before and after, and ate both meals like normal. They were actually two different proteins too. Breakfast was NV Duck (her favorite) and dinner was NV lamb (not so much her favorite, but she eats it after making sure Penelope does not have something better). I am extra careful with handling their food. I wash the bowls after every meal, and I only thaw enough for the day at the end of every night. I use stainless steel bowls too, because they are supposed to be easier to clean and more sanitary. I hope she does not throw up tomorrow, then I will be super worried.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I see that you're in NC...I'm on the coast of GA near FL. Are they shedding? Could this be hairballs?

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
this is just getting plain old weird.  What about Penelope?  Has she been ok in the "throw--up? department? 

catnamedpanda

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My thoughts exactly!

Penelope has been absolutely fine. Delilah did keep down breakfast, at least until I went to work nothing had happened. I don't think Boo and Delilah are having related issues. Boo was throwing up everything in his stomach looking similar to when it went down. Delilah has been throwing up very watery vomit. They are weeks apart, and the bags of food are different. With Delilah right now it is the end of the bags, so she has been eating it with no problems up until then. Hopefully dinner stays down and this was just an odd occurrence. I don't think she is sick, she is one hundreds percent acting normal otherwise.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well I'm glad to hear about Boo! Given what went on with Mac (and before that, Carolina's Lucky), it seems sometimes during a transition, sometimes a kitty just needs to stop, take a break, and start the introduction over. :dk:

But poor Delilah! As she's not regurgitating, I doubt it's the food. I also think she's a little young for hairballs.... none of mine started horking them up until they were 3 - 4 years old, though I'm sure it's possible it can happen when they're younger. But at least here, when it's a hairball issue, they throw up their food, undigested, after half an hour, or several hours. When the FOOD is the problem, they regurgitate it immediately. So I know it's hairballs if the food comes up undigested at a later time....

:vibes: :vibes: :vibes: !!!!

catnamedpanda

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well whatever it was it seems to have passed. She kept down all her food today. Hopefully it was just an odd upset stomach or something. As long as she keeps everything down tomorrow I will be happy to say she for sure over whatever it was. I don't think it was hairball either. She was not hacking at all like she was working one up. The only thought I had was that she has more nasal drainage it seems lately. When she wakes up she sounds so stuffy, and smacks her lips. She is fine after she is up and moving though. Her nose always seems to produce a lot of discharge and I am sure it drains post nasal too, maybe she was draining extra and it was upsetting her stomach, or set off her gag reflex. Might be a long shot but that is my best guess.

catnamedpanda

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everything is still good so whatever it was with Delilah is over. Boo is still doing good too. Happy kitties all around. Boo has been trying to stick his nose in the girls bowls, so he is showing an interest in it again. Is it too soon to introduce the commercial raw again slowly, or wait a few more days with plain chicken. It has been 4 days on that.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:clap: :clap: :clap: Aw that's great!

Well, you've established that raw chicken itself isn't the problem. So I'd go ahead and slowly re-introduce the commercial raw. I think he was fine on NV, but not Nature's Logic? I'd try the NV, and maybe give the Nature's Logic a miss? :dk:

catnamedpanda

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He has not had a problem with anything NV. He was fine on the natures logic rabbit though, but not the chicken or beef. I am just going to avoid it anyways. Although chicken was not his favorite I am going to use it to re-introduce the commercial raw.

tamgirl99

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks for posting about this!  I'm sorry I didn't see it before I just posted about my cat, but I just wanted to say that it helps to know this has happened to others and I'm not totally screwing things up. 
  Since my cat is doing well on the S&C freeze dried raw while she recovers from her illness, I just ordered some of the Nature's Menu freeze dried raw to try as well.  I'm hoping it will give her enough variety to get her through this transition period until I can get her back on raw.