Bonding Time

cheddar

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just thought I would share how cute Cheddar was today. I had him out on the couch with me while I dozed off while watching tv. Supposedly (as I was told by my partner) he fell asleep right beside my armpit and was out like a light just like I was and even though I was moving in my sleep, he didn't even wake up or move from sleeping on me. I hope the bonding continues between us.

datagrrl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Since you got him so young he will probably socialize well. My feral kitten came to us at 8 weeks, two months later she is a cuddler, but is was touch and go, she hissed and scratched a lot at first.

bigperm20

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's also important with very young kittens to properly socialize them. Invite friends over to meet them, take them for a brief visit at a neighbors, etc. I have an orphan kitty (Oksana) who's now 3 and she's terrified of everyone, and everything. The lady who I got her from didn't socialize her properly.

I got her a very outgoing, well socialized kitty friend (Beans) when she was about a year old. It was my hope that she would see there's nothing to be afraid of. Now I have 2 scaredy-cats, as Beans adopted Oksana's fears instead of Oksana adopting Beans courage.

Cats...