Bombay Tuxedo?

RockyNS

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is Rocky, we named him that because he is a fighter, he was very sick when we got him last summer from a kitten rescue place, and nursed him through coccidia and back to health, feeding him with a syringe, drop by drop, he's a fighter!
The problem is, now that he's getting big, is that he's "too much" of a fighter. He has some very agressive tendencies, and will even "hunt" you in the house, waiting for you and then flying out of nowhere to attack you at the knees. All you see are these 2 white paws flying out of the darkness and wrapping around your legs, lol. He doesn't actually hurt you, but it's aggression none the less. He even plays fetch like a dog, and is the most active crazy cat I've ever seen in my life. He destroys all the house plants, climbs rhe blinds. He's just wild, tears through the house from end to end at full speed, and attacks anything that isnt nailed down lol. We have to lock him out of our room at night or he just attacks everything in the room and keeps us up all night. He's totally nocturnal. I've never seen such a wild behaving house cat in my life. He will even hold a grudge, and pay you back if he gets angry at you for some reason, he will pace around, contemplating revenge, and then, will come and attack and lunge with full force. At this point he does bite hard and scratch, but I've never once ever heard him hiss. He is a cat that neither my wife or myself have ever seen before. It's like having a flying squirrel in the house to be honest.
So, getting to my point, I beleive his odd behavior is due to his breeding, because we've never done any rough hand play with him, or anything that would train him to act this way. Even neutering him didnt slow him down. Looking at cat photos online, I beleive he may be a Bombay, but he is classic tuxedo color. Is it possible to have a Bombay tuxedo?
His fur is unusually shiny and sleek, and he does not shed, like at all. He has a very long face, with a square kinda shape, like a panther does, but the end of his nose slopes downward. He also has very long thick whiskers and eyelashes. He has rather large paws, because his toes are actually quite large.
Take a look at the pictures attached and tell me what you think he might be. He is very long, and I don't think he is your average domestic short hair.
Blessings from Rocky!

Attachments

price053

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This is Rocky, we named him that because he is a fighter, he was very sick when we got him last summer from a kitten rescue place, and nursed him through coccidia and back to health, feeding him with a syringe, drop by drop, he's a fighter!
The problem is, now that he's getting big, is that he's "too much" of a fighter. He has some very agressive tendencies, and will even "hunt" you in the house, waiting for you and then flying out of nowhere to attack you at the knees. All you see are these 2 white paws flying out of the darkness and wrapping around your legs, lol. He doesn't actually hurt you, but it's aggression none the less. He even plays fetch like a dog, and is the most active crazy cat I've ever seen in my life. He destroys all the house plants, climbs rhe blinds. He's just wild, tears through the house from end to end at full speed, and attacks anything that isnt nailed down lol. We have to lock him out of our room at night or he just attacks everything in the room and keeps us up all night. He's totally nocturnal. I've never seen such a wild behaving house cat in my life. He will even hold a grudge, and pay you back if he gets angry at you for some reason, he will pace around, contemplating revenge, and then, will come and attack and lunge with full force. At this point he does bite hard and scratch, but I've never once ever heard him hiss. He is a cat that neither my wife or myself have ever seen before. It's like having a flying squirrel in the house to be honest.
So, getting to my point, I beleive his odd behavior is due to his breeding, because we've never done any rough hand play with him, or anything that would train him to act this way. Even neutering him didnt slow him down. Looking at cat photos online, I beleive he may be a Bombay, but he is classic tuxedo color. Is it possible to have a Bombay tuxedo?
His fur is unusually shiny and sleek, and he does not shed, like at all. He has a very long face, with a square kinda shape, like a panther does, but the end of his nose slopes downward. He also has very long thick whiskers and eyelashes. He has rather large paws, because his toes are actually quite large.
Take a look at the pictures attached and tell me what you think he might be. He is very long, and I don't think he is your average domestic short hair.
Blessings from Rocky!
Anything is possible...I copied and pasted what they are supposed to look like as a Bombay ,

How do I know if my cat is a Bombay?
A muscular cat of medium build, the Bombay Cat characteristics include a jet-black coat that has the gloss and shine of patent leather and a rounded head with rounded ears and a broad muzzle. Perhaps their most striking feature is their glorious copper/gold eyes, which are round, full, and expressive.

I also am sending a link so you can see the different mixes of tuxedo and Bombay mixes..
Pictures of a tuxedo cat and bombay cat mix black - Google Search
From my understanding cats don't do revenge but I could be wrong, You have to find a way to let him know that the behavior is not wanted whether it be time out in a carrier, or in a safe place for him, and you have to tell him no.. I understand it is easier said than done believe me. He has to understand he can not be that way. I have a really good friend of mine that is great with cats she is the the cat mom from heaven and I will send her your post and have her take a look at what you are going through. Rocky has to have boundaries though.. At this point he is kind of running the house and he has to know that it is not okay.

Hang in there

Bella's Mom

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
he needs a playmate. they can get weird when they're on their own. he's making up his own games. he's bored. get a second cat./kitten. that hunting tackling stuff is stuff kittens/cats do with each other as a game practice whatever.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS- nice to meet you and glad you are here with gorgeous Rocky,handsome boy.... I don't see anything that would lead me to think of a particular breed ,he is a stunning big bi-color DSH imo

I have a couple of question,if thats okay
He's adorable- looks very young- how old is he,when did you get him,last summer means 6months ago or?( estimated age) and may I ask when he was nuetered

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

RockyNS

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Welcome to TCS- nice to meet you and glad you are here with gorgeous Rocky,handsome boy.... I don't see anything that would lead me to think of a particular breed ,he is a stunning big bi-color DSH imo

I have a couple of question,if thats okay
He's adorable- looks very young- how old is he,when did you get him,last summer means 6months ago or?( estimated age) and may I ask when he was nuetered
Thanks for the reply.
Rocky was 8 weeks old when we got him, and he was a barn rescue. Perhaps his behavior is due to this, and didn't manifest until he gained strength and got better, because for the first few weeks we had him, we were concerned he wasn't gonna make it. He was severely weak, dehydrated and lethargic, and had the classic terrible and very stinky coccidia diarrhea. He pulled through because of one thing, CHICKEN!
We started giving him chicken and he just went crazy for it, and finally started eating again, and this is why he pulled through, with vet medication of course as well. We then started buying whole Costco chickens just for him. I've never seen anything like it, he just went crazy for this chicken, and couldn't get enough of it, literally like some wild animal. None of the special recovery foods or supplements from the vet appealed to him, he just went absolutely bonkers for that chicken.
So, anyhow, the purpose of this post wasn't really to seek behavioral advice, it was to ascertain what kind of cat breed Rocky is a blend of. I stated the behavior because he literally looks and acts like a small panther. I normally wouldn't even ask such a question because I kinda wouldn't care, but this cat is unlike any other cat I've ever had, he looks different, acts different, and he's the only cat I've ever had that has shiny fur like an otter that doesn't shed.
He's not all bad, he had his cuddly moments, but like most cats, totally on his terms. We are trying to get him to sleep with us at night, but he is totally nocturnal and just wants to play, and has a routine where he decides to destroy the bedroom every night lol.
He's just not the lap cat my wife had hoped for, after suddenly losing both of her long time cats to cancer in a matter of a couple months from each other. It was very sad.
Rocky does keep us entertained that's for sure, its like having a box of Jack Russels or weasles running around the house, lol.
This house is catified the best we can do for now, and the whole place belongs to Rocky, and I play fetch with his mousie every night to the point where he is panting to try to tire him out, and get his anxiety out, which is what you see in the 1st picture in the original post, he is panting, and his mouth wide open, but still, he has a short nap, recovers immediately, and never really tires out. I wish I had his energy!

Attachments

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
He is a handsome boy,that's for certain .... Reminds me very much of my gorgeous black beauty "Jinx" rip- he was an absolute terror his first 2 years,lol If he was not the most beautiful cat I'd ever seen he would have been up for adoption ( just kidding,lol) but Jinx ,after his delayed maturity he turned out to be one of the smartest,most obedient,well behaved love bugs I ever had----- all his training sessions seemed fruitless & one day it just all blossomed at once!

I'm sorry for the loss of your wife's 2 loves- my deepest sympathies to you both!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

RockyNS

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, we are waiting for the day that his "kittenhood" comes to an end, and he suddenly realizes that laps feel good, lol.
I'm glad he's grown into his ears.
As you may have guessed, my life is now about taking pictures of Rocky, lol.

Attachments

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, we are waiting for the day that his "kittenhood" comes to an end, and he suddenly realizes that laps feel good, lol.
I'm glad he's grown into his ears.
As you may have guessed, my life is now about taking pictures of Rocky, lol.
Lol-join the club......before cell phones I used to pay a fortune in film & developing 🫢