Bombay or American short hair?

kittyg7girl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi I just recuse this little girl. Her name is brie. I am trying to figure out what she is. Can you guys help me please?

newkitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The only way to know for sure what breed would be papers on the cat. Any purebread would have papers, though a rescue might not depending where they got the kitty from. That's one beautiful girl!

An American Shorthair is actually a breed itself, and they have a type of tabby pattern :)

This kitty would be a domestic shorthair. Since DSH cats are a mix of many breeds and come in many colors, and patterns, there can sometimes be a more prevalent breed mixed in, there could be a bit of bombay mixed in, or another breed. :) Bombays' are pretty rare, not many of them around, so most likely this is DSH kitty, and a beautiful one :)

kittylove53

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Brie is a beautiful kitty. If she was a pure breed she would have papers and have been gotten from a breeder. Welcome to you both. Someone here might have a better clue as to what type of kitty she is. You will love TCS, it is lots of fun and full of info. Welcome again.