Board thoughts for Bellie

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Need some board happy thoughts for Bellie, she is going in to get her Spay on Wensday. I am a nervous momma wreck, so much more than when we took the boy LG in. Its a bigger surgery! And I am going to be out at the barn all day and wont see her til later in the evening. My dad bless his heart, who knows how much I love my babys, and loves them too will be picking her up and keeping her at his house after the surgery, until i am done unloading a horse. So keep my bellie girl in your thoughts. I was happy with what they did for LG, and so now one at a time all the girls are going as well.

Next on the list is Dutchy...once her kittens are weaned I will be making her an appointment.

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's so natural to be nervous when your baby is having any procedure, nomatter how routine. We've all been there, and will be with the all along the way! Bellie, you're going to do so great and breeze right through your surgery! You'll be safe and sound back home with your Mommy in no time at all!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by dawnofsierra

It's so natural to be nervous when your baby is having any procedure, nomatter how routine. We've all been there, and will be with the all along the way! Bellie, you're going to do so great and breeze right through your surgery! You'll be safe and sound back home with your Mommy in no time at all!
Thanks. She has no idea whats going on, other than shes been told on Tuesday night her food till be taken away at 6pm, and her water at 11pm. I am such a nervous nelly. I know she will be ok, but heck I worry about my horses when the vet just comes out to draw blood, So Its natural, lol.

I know I should have gotten my three girls fixed much earlier than I have. But it is so spendy and for a long time I was not finanicaly able, so I got my boy done. Than of course the foster boy came in and I wasnt told he wasnt fixed, and hes so furry, and I didnt think, to look.
Oh well. You live and learn. he managed to get all three girls. One left to have kittens. But all the kittens have homes already, and great ones at that. along with Spay and Neuter signatures. And a list for Low cost clinics in the area that they will be going
I may have made a boo boo but I can fix it, and I will. And make it better

Ok so two of them are staying with us..hehe. They already have appointments set up for when they are old enough
Callie is one I am going to really worry with too..with her foot and all.

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

This is "routine" surgery, but your worry is understandable.
Thanks. Yes I know its "routine" but i also know even "routine" can have troubles.

Point in example, I had a two year old colt Gelded. with horses gelding is as routine as they come. He was a big boy, 1,000lbs as a two year old (ok thats BIG for Arabians)

He was only given sedative for an 800lb horse..gelding went fine. But he had some side affects from the sedative. Scared the crud out of me, to see the vet running to the truck as fast as he can to get something to give him.. he turned out just fine. even decided to start snoring later..but even "routine" gives me the jitters

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww.. She will be in my thoughts.

I cried all day when my boys went in to be neutered.. and they were so groggy when I went to pick them up from the vets. I had to hold Poptart in the litterbox so he could go.. and my sister made the mistake of putting Gordito on my bed, which he fell of off.

Anyway, i wish her best of luck, I know she will come out of it just fine

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Leto86

Aww.. She will be in my thoughts.

I cried all day when my boys went in to be neutered.. and they were so groggy when I went to pick them up from the vets. I had to hold Poptart in the litterbox so he could go.. and my sister made the mistake of putting Gordito on my bed, which he fell of off.

Anyway, i wish her best of luck, I know she will come out of it just fine
hehe thanks. Yeah loki was groggy when he was done. poor little fellow I had to watch him all day.

Lg was awake when we brought him home but he had been there all day. wensdays gonna be sad for me

ollyextra05

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw, what a good momma you are!
I'm sure she'll be just fine: Emma was just a little slip of a thing when she had her spay at the shelter we got her from, and then she got schlepped to our crazy house the next day and was just fine.
Give her a nice quiet cozy place to crash out for a few days or so, and dont be worried if she's just feelin a little puny for a few days!

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by OllyExtra05

Aw, what a good momma you are!
I'm sure she'll be just fine: Emma was just a little slip of a thing when she had her spay at the shelter we got her from, and then she got schlepped to our crazy house the next day and was just fine.
Give her a nice quiet cozy place to crash out for a few days or so, and dont be worried if she's just feelin a little puny for a few days!
Yeah we have the bedroom all nice and cozy for her. all the kittens and such have been moved into the living room for the duration
my poor baby! gonna have a shaved tummy!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Like Stephanie said weve all been there and know what your going through

I shed tears in the vets surgery on both spays with mine even though i knew everything would be ok.

Just keep us updated