Bloody Mucous In Litter Box

Tyr'smomma

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have 2 kittens. 1 is about 7 months old and the other is 6 months old. Tyr ( the oldest) has had a few bouts with some bloody mucus on his tail and in the litter box. We even saw some drip onto a piece of paper by the potty box. His poops are very smelly and he has terrible gas. They were both fixed at 6 months old. Both are indoor cats, with the 1 exception of the other day Tyr squeezed through the storm door window. I dont know how long he was out, but it was just hours. He acts just fine, no change in appetite or how he acts. We feed them Iams healthy kitten food. They did get their shots when fixed.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
He needs to see the vet as soon as possible and you should bring a poop sample with you. It could be a number of things including worms.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I second that motion! Kittens, even indoor kittens, are notorious for picking up things like worms, coccidia and giardia. Some of these can even hitchhike in on shoes if the wearer walks through grass, or over dirt. They should be checked on a regular basis.