Birch Tree

Silver K

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Last year I decided to attempt a DIY cat tree. It took me about a week to build, working on it from 2 to 3 hours per day. It's made of birch branches, wood cookies and pre-cut wood slabs wrapped in sisal. The round tube is made from a concrete form tube. I'm pretty proud of it and the best part is that my cats love it!

The beginning. Note the curious kitty sniffing about.
1.jpg

The sisal steps. This required more sisal rope than it looks like!
2.jpg

Finished product
3.jpg

4.jpg

Work approved by boss #1 and #2
5.jpg

Work approved by boss #3
6.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Silver K

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That’s absolutely spectacular! Lucky bosses! :lol:

I know what you mean about the sisal. I redid one of Mocha’s scratching posts and was amazed at how much sisal it took.
The coloured sisal is pricy too. I wanted some green but when I saw the price I was like, forget it. Beige is fine!

Silver K

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It’s beautiful😀 Eventually I would like to build one based on a Japanese all wood spiral cat tower. I am not sure if I can physically yet due to injuries.
I watched a video on the build of one of those, that would be way too complicated for me. I hope you get a chance to build one.

Silver K

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
thanks, can you post the video? I did not see it. I am talking about this cat tower see link.

Modern Cat Tree NEKO
That's something different than I was thinking of. If I can find that video (I watched it last March) I'll post it here anyways.

I've never attempted building a cat tree from scratch, although I have replaced the carpeting on several when it got too ratty. Nice job on yours.
Thank you!