Billy Bob the Rescue cat

billybob

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm thinking our cat Billy Bob is an American bobtail. He was at a rescue for over a year recovering from what we think were skin infections. He was hairless and crusty from the neck down. The rescues vet seems to think he possibly could have been scalded.
When we got him his coat was sparse and dull blue gray.
Now he has a wonderful coat and white tipped guard hairs throughout his coat. Lighter on toe tips belly and britches.
He has the muttonchops that are still getting more full.
He has a striped pattern on his legs and long hair between his toes.
Our vet says his bobtail is not docked and has several kinks toward the end.
We adopted him at about 3 years old he weighed 9 lbs. He is now 4 and is 14 lbs.
Do you think he qualifies as an American bobtail?

Last edited by a moderator:

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know about what breed Billy Bob is but just wanted to thank you a million times over for looking past Billy Bob's skin issues and picking him. I got a little teary (in a good way) reading that...poor little man...you and your husband are his angels [emoji]128519[/emoji] He is clearly so loved and cherished.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

billybob

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We have a weakness for bobtail cats. We also have an old small female that doesn't travel and lives with my brother-in-law at our real house. She gets along fine with Billy Bob when we are home. Her name is stumper.
Bobtail cats seem to be more like dogs than cats they have strange personalities.

Last edited by a moderator:

imjustacatmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
@billybob
regardless of his breed good on ya for taking him in and loving on him....you have made him feel whole again....loved him...thank you [emoji]128571[/emoji]

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

billybob

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, all the furry children are as loved as real ones. Sometimes more. I wish sometimes we had room and resources for more furry kids. We see some heartbreaking things while on the road and feel fairly helpless to do much about it. ( besides reporting what we see, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.)
Whatever breed he is I know that Billy Bob is Mom and Dads Big boy.