Best Non-Clumping Litter??

Kentucky Kitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Tidy Cat Non Clumping Litter has been my brand of choice. But something has changed in the mixture. One of our cats pees massive amounts at one time. And the old Tidy Cat brand would soak it up into a huge dry clump. So easy to "shovel" [not scoop ] lol out of the litter box. Lately this brand does not clump into a dry lump. It stays wet, sticks terribly to the bottom of the litter box. Very difficult to scrape off the bottom of box. And thick chucks stick to the scooper. Little wet pieces fall all over the clean litter as I try to get it into the poo bag. This has become a nasty, time consuming job. This NEVER used to happen.
So I would really appreciate ideas of common CLAY, NON CLUMPING, ODOR ABSORBING, LOW DUST litter, that make litter box maintenance easier.
Thanks so much!

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Below is an example of the best stuff to use IMO although it's not clay as you mentioned. It absorbs odours really well and doesn't stick to the tray. The peed on bits decompose the pellets so it's easy to see what needs scooping out thus leaving the fresh stuff still in.

1611350920820.png