Best flooring for urinating cat??

catzed

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Due to mold problems, I am getting all new flooring for my house, which is a good thing since one of my cats likes to urinate on carpet.

I'm thinking a laminate flooring may be my best bet as far as looks and budget. I would be afraid to put wood flooring down and am certainly not going to bother with carpet.

Does anyone have any ideas on this? Has anyone put down laminated flooring and what brand? I have heard good and bad things about each brand.

Thanks!

russian blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For laminate flooring, I heard to go with the most expensive you can afford. There may be 25 year limited warranties on the cheaper models, but they can easily fade and chip.

Also, many people seem to like the "floating" flooring. This is the kind that each board clicks into each other instead of the other type that uses glue. Also, the "floating" floor is better from an environmental standpoint since you won't deal with the glue vapours.

If you have an IKEA near you, stay away from their flooring. It is not a long term solution. Basically you get what you pay for.

Check out some sites on the web to educate yourself on the main components and terminology. Then when you go to the store, you will have more accutate questions to ask.

Good luck!