Best Cat books I've read

clouseau5

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,

I am in the UK and have found two writers who I consider have written great  books about cats.

If you enjoy humour about cats and insights into the ups and downs of ordinary life try Derek Longden. My favourites are 'The Cat who came in from the cold.' and 'Paws in the Proceedings.' Derek Longden has written other autobiographical books not about cats.

Another favourite writer is Marilyn Edwards. Look for 'The Cat's of Moon Cottage.' Very realistic and autobiographical.

Best wishes, Chris

Last edited:

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cleveland Amory, who was a critic and author, published 3 books about his beloved rescue cat - Polar Bear.  First was "The Cat Who Came For Christmans",  2nd "The Cat and the Curmudgeon" and third was "The Best Cat Ever".     I have all 3 books and absolutely loved them.    Cleveland Amory has a rescue facility, I think it's called The Fund For Animals", and he also has a rescue ranch near Dallas, TX called The Black Beauty Ranch, where a home is provided for abused zoo animals, circus rescue animals, any homeless or abused animal.     There is also a book about this facility called "The Ranch of Dreams".