Bengal mixed with what?

ruthmarx1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I know this cat is part Bengal, but mixed with what?

7.JPG

3.JPG

2.JPG

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very lovely! Is it your cat?

I would describe this cat as a brown classic tabby and white domestic shorthair. Classic tabby refers to the cat's tabby pattern. This is one of the oldest mutations in the domestic cat, and is characterized by bold swirling tabby markings, usually including a rounded "bullseye" on the side of the cat, which can be seen in the first photo in your post.

In these pictures, I'm not seeing obvious evidence of ancestry from the Bengal breed, or any other specific breed. Although it's certainly possible that this cat may have some breed in its ancestry, most cats are not any particular breed, and are not "mixes" of breeds, unlike dogs.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ruthmarx1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Very lovely! Is it your cat?

I would describe this cat as a brown classic tabby and white domestic shorthair. Classic tabby refers to the cat's tabby pattern. This is one of the oldest mutations in the domestic cat, and is characterized by bold swirling tabby markings, usually including a rounded "bullseye" on the side of the cat, which can be seen in the first photo in your post.

In these pictures, I'm not seeing obvious evidence of ancestry from the Bengal breed, or any other specific breed. Although it's certainly possible that this cat may have some breed in its ancestry, most cats are not any particular breed, and are not "mixes" of breeds, unlike dogs.
Thanks for your detailed reply. He's not my cat unfortunately. I was taking care of him for a short while and would love to get one of my own!

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you do not have your heart set on a kitten, do consider adopting an adult cat, since there are usually many more adults that need homes. If you are looking for a specific appearance or temperament (such as extra active or more calm, extra affectionate or more independent, etc.), it can also be easier to determine this when the cat is an adult, rather than making a guess with a kitten. You can visit a shelter or rescue in your area, or look on a matching service like Petfinder to see cats listed for adoption near your area.