Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Turkish angora

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Snow James

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So this week me and my family decided to get a kitten! Yey! Anyways, we went to a pet store. I know some ppl out there will say just go to shelters and get cats from there. But there really weren't any shelters where I live. So the guy who sold us our cat, said she was a turkish crossbreed. I wasn't listening, of course, because I was choosing between the sisters. I got the hyper one and called her Sia. But i really want to know what breed she is. She is a long haired white cat, with beige fur on her back, but the beige and white are kinda merged together. Thx for helping!

Edit: the beige is mostly on the top half on her body including the face and ears, and a small part of her legs.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
She's a domestic long hair. Unfortunately alot of the pet store animals come from backyard breeders and mills. These people breed for money and really don't pay attention to proper breeding ethics.

Anyways if they don't have actual papers they are just moggies they have their own personality and plenty of it.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Hey Snow James, congratulations on your new kitten! Can you post a picture? That would make IDing any breed influence and the technical term for color/pattern a lot easier. Thanks!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Snow James

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, unfortunately I cant take pictures, but I did find this one that really looks like my kitten.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
The kitten in the picture looks like a cream lynx point bicolor Ragdoll to me, but I can't be sure if the same applies to your kitten. I would need to see an actual picture of your actual kitten to see his coloring and if he has any breed influence by checking small details like head shape, ear shape, muzzle shape, and body type.

Snow James

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh okay. I will try to take a picture later today :) thanks for helping me so far.

Snow James

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is the clearest image I have for her. :)
IMG_5588.JPG

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
This is the clearest image I have for her. :)View attachment 184150
How cute! She looks so soft! I think your kitty would be called a cream and white Domestic Longhair, but with some Persian influence. She has a fairly flat face and stocky body, which indicates that she might have had a Persian in her near ancestry.

EDIT: fixed a typo, meant to write "stocky body", instead wrote "sticky"... :doh:

Last edited:

Snow James

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Okay thanks! This was really helpful to me, and also may be helpful to her vet, as we are now trying to determine what she is so we could put it in her vaccine book thing. Sorry im not an expert on this type of stuff XD

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yeah, I alike Abyeb I think on persian influence. It may be even a reasonably purebred doll face persian!

These are quite popular with BYB breeders - much easier to breed than modern flat face persians - and thus - they will be often sold in these Pet shops whom sell kittens as part of their inventory.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
ps. And thus, no turkish, but probably persian. :)

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Persian influence, if not a pet quality Persian. I would STRONGLY suggest doing a DNA test for Polycystic Kidney disease. Unfortunately backyard breeders and kitten mills usually don't do genetic testing and PKD is a heart breaking, incurable disease.

Snow James

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you all so much for helping me. Now I know exactly what my cat is!

P.S: we will be doing dna tests and shots next weekend. I wish my kitten luck!