Beer belly...

lilycurly

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My 5 months old kitten, Luna has always been tiny. She is still slim, but recently, I've noticed this little beer-belly hanging under her. It's not a lump or anything, I felt it and it's like an empty sack of skin. Now, it's pretty cute, I don't mind, she don't mind, but could it be a sign of something wrong?

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My question would be , is your kitten up to date with shots and dewormer(sp) ? . If you never bin at a vet with that kitten , then I would go and let it have a rutine check up and all its shots and dewormer .

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lilycurly

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Really? Worms could be the cause? Because she was very sick when I got her, and she's got her dewormers all right! (All the kinds they could find) They wouldn't give her her shots though, until she got better. Now she is better, and I was going to have her check in the next weeks...but could this really be it?

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Bijou has that as well and Mika has a tinier one. From what I understand their little sister Tia (Carolcat) also has the beginnings of one. I think it is just something that some cats have and some don't.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lilycurly

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That's what I thought...I had a cat who had one before.:p Always found it adorable and fun to fiddle with.lol But I'll still have her checked, she's due.

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lilycurly

Really? Worms could be the cause? Because she was very sick when I got her, and she's got her dewormers all right! (All the kinds they could find) They wouldn't give her her shots though, until she got better. Now she is better, and I was going to have her check in the next weeks...but could this really be it?
Some cats/kitten can get a belly from worms , so yes it could be . But you said it was already dewormt , so it may be just a little belly
. But since it was sick and they could not give all the shots , I would make the appointment with the vet for the shots and when you see the vet you can say something about its little belly

alessandra

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sparkles has lots of loose skin hanging off her belly. It's been there since she was very young. I was told it's called "spay sway" and is fatty deposits in the abdomen. She needs a tummy tuck ! I'm sure your girl is just fine but it never hurts to ask the vet !

mrod1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My last cat had that, but she was overweight too. But I have seen many cats with it. Nothing serious, just something that some cats get and some cats don't, they come in all shapes and sizes, just like humans