Bald patches

kaylenawatson

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 1 year old male cat has recently been coming home with patches of fur missing, he currently has patches missing from his front leg, back leg and his side. They appear to be quite red but don’t seem to bother him. He is regularly treated for fleas and ring worm etc. Any ideas what it could be? I could only take a picture of his front leg as he’s currently hiding under the Christmas tree and I can’t get to him.

Attachments

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If he comes back from outside with bald patches, he might be getting into a fight with another animal or somehow scraping the fur off exploring rough terrain. I'd keep the cat inside until the fur grows back. Can you keep the cat inside permanently? Indoors is much safer for cats. If you have a backyard, you can look into building a catio so the cat can go outside but be safely contained inside.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kaylenawatson

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We considered that he may be fighting but he doesn’t seem to have any scratches on him so we didn’t think it was likely. I don’t think he’d cope being kept indoors, he loves being out and when he is kept indoors he tends to go to the toilet in the house.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If you have any idea where he goes when he is outside, you might want to venture around the area yourself and see if he is crawling into or through something that he is catching himself on. It is worth a look around to see if can find anything.