Authority Brand - Chicken & Rice

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

milopixie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi, just a quick update on our Authority Brand experience - They just about finished the chicken & rice bag that I had gotten them, but they seemed a little bored of it by the end. So yesterday I stopped at Petsmart and took a look at the different varieties and decided on the smaller bag of the Lamb & Rice. Well you would think that it was just a bowl of treats that I gave them, bc the Lamb & Rice was gone in about 5 minutes flat. They loved it sooooooo much. I think they were getting sick of the chicken variety. My plan now is to buy the 4 lb. bags and alternate varieties between the chicken, the lamb, and the whitefish varieties. That way they won't get too bored and they'll still be getting consistent nutrition. Just thought I'd share

turtlecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
just a general note.

it is not always what is "medically best" for the cat, that actually is.. If a cat can't or won't eat the "best" foods enough to thrive, then there's no point inusing it. The best quality that your cat will actually eat (and react well to, IE nano's medical issues) AND that you can afford is all you need. dont feel bad if it's not THE #1 GRADE A product in the WORLD.

I would , however, criticize, if you were a multi millionaire feeding meow mix if your cat won't eat it, and it makes him/her sick..

see the difference? one way makes the best of what you have the other is .. well doing the opposite.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by turtlecat

one way makes the best of what you have the other is .. well doing the opposite.
This would be why I always say, feed the best you can afford - I believe in doing the best one sensibly can..and that means, as well as cost, that your cat must be willing to eat it. I know discussing crf, I point out how important it is that the cat eats..as if the cat does not eat, it will not live and then what difference does the prescribed food make?