Are my 3 month old kittens really Siamese Ragdoll?

myaisabelle

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi there breeders. I need your expertise. 2 months ago I bought two sibling brother kittens off kijiji.com They were advertised as Ragdoll Siamese. What would you say they look like and can you tell me what they might look like as they grow older? My white crime/flame point is named "River" and the little runt Seal Point is named "Mocha." So what breed are they really? I was hoping to have a strong Siamese gene.

As you can see I love them dearly. :) they are brothers and they are three months old. They eat wild calling cat food. Mocha is very small compared to River. Is he a dwarf or something?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
There is nothing as ragdoll siamese.  I presume its a mix  ragdoll + siamese - which mix could give exact this result.   Shorthaired old type siamese - look alike.

Also, seal blue point sounds unusual.  You are either a seal (black) or blue.

In the ad, most kittens are sold, and 6 are mentioned for sale. Was it a litter of at least 12??    I would suspect, its sooner two different litters, whom they got simultaneously.  Say two females there, and one visiting tom.

It could explain, why your kittens seems to differ somewhat in type - they arent necessarily biological littermates.

Im a little baffled 1 kitten is longhaired though - unless they mean Mocha.   -  I think it IS Mocha they mean.

The seal one seems almost medium hair, but his tail isnt bushy.  He MAY change as adult, but my guess is, he is shorthaired after all.   He will of of course get darker when adult. He will never be totally black, but as senior he may be quite darkish.

Did you get some sort of certificate or other papers?  What does they say?

I myself  think it was a BYB  breeder, but the kittens are very sweet and beautiful, if they are healthy too, you cant get them better nor sweeter.    I hope thought they didnt charged the price as for full purebreds.

They will surely be wonderful companions for you the nearest 15+ years.  @myaisabelle

Last edited:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hi there breeders. I need your expertise. 2 months ago I bought two sibling brother kittens off kijiji.com They were advertised as Ragdoll Siamese. What would you say they look like and can you tell me what they might look like as they grow older? My white crime/flame point is named "River" and the little runt Seal Point is named "Mocha." So what breed are they really? I was hoping to have a strong Siamese gene.

As you can see I love them dearly.
they are brothers and they are three months old. They eat wild calling cat food. Mocha is very small compared to River. Is he a dwarf or something?
 What do you mean by this?  They probably arent not purebred siameses, possibly half  ragdoll and half siamese of some sort.

Their point gene is doubled with both, the point gene of the siamese type.

If Mocha´s had also a burmanese gene in him, he would alreayd be darker on the body as 3months.   Although if I only I saw his pic as baby, I would guess he is a mix of siamese and burmanese point gene - but he got more light with time, not that common.