Anyone who can tell me if they know what breed

tradcliffe01

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, I got nibbles for my partner but unfortunatly for him he chose me... anywho we were told he was russian blue x persian however did not take much notice as price didnt match ($10) as we know some people try put name to get more money & never been one for label. I have had many cats as parents were cat ppl not dogs and there was 5 kids nothing for us to have 3 cats at one time.

Lately however have been questioning as characteristics nothing like seen befor he is very attached like follows me around but like pats occasionaly more so wants to just be in room with me and will wait door wen go out. He is very sensitive if u tell him off he will sulk make a point of sitting ay window and will ignore u.... also u hardly hear any noise from him and if do its a chirp/trill sound and sometimes he does argue with u using it? any ideas ?

red top rescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He is a beautiful cat, and I doubt the person who adopted him to you meant that he was a cross between a purebred Russian Blue and a purebred Persian, but rather he had characteristics that could be associated with both of those breeds.  He is definitely a solid grey cat but darker than most Russian Blues or Persians, who are generally more silvery grey.  He he has the lovely brilliant green eyes that a Russian Blue would have (the blue Persian's eye color is a deep orange, called "copper")  and his hair is somewhat long and silky, which most people would consider a Persian trait.  In rescue, we would call him a "Domestic Medium Hair, Green Eyed Charcoal Grey."  He is a very handsome cat and you are lucky to have him!  Thanks for sharing his pictures.

Last edited: