Any thoughts on our kitten's big ears?

fluffybeard

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So cute! My kitten had big ears too and it turns out he grew a big head, lol! And a big everything else! He's turning into kind've a beast. So maybe your kitten is just gonna grow into those big ears!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hawthornwinter

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Uh oh! He was apparently the runt of the litter, but as you can see in the last photo his ears are bigger than hers even though she weighs over 4x as much. (She's over 8 lbs at this point, and he's ~2 lbs.) Maybe he's going to be enormous.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Chrissy had ears even bigger then that, I think it is adorable. She grew into them and was a tiny cat too, so her body definitely outgrew her ears! He's beautiful by the way!

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a cutie pie!!!!! Some breeds that have large ears would be Oriental's, Siamese, Havana's and I think Russian Blues as well. I think your darling silver tabby will grow in to those ears and actually many little kittens have biggish looking ears. My Wendall had fairly large ears when I got him at 7 months. He still has beautiful big ears but is not a big boy. The better to hear you with. ;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hawthornwinter

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks Di and Bob and Feralvr, we also thing he's a beautiful cutie pie! He has a way of arranging himself daintily (when he's not bounding across the room like a kangaroo, that is
). He's becoming well-behaved and cuddly too (seems to be learning that hands and feet are not for playing, as he's no longer going for them
). His face is rather flat, which might be a Russian Blue characteristic, but I suppose that could be a kitten thing too. I'm curious to see how his coat, body shape, and face evolve as he grows up. 

Last edited: