Any thoughts on Basil

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Very dark blue, almost black.  Green eyes.  I have seen pics on almost  black russian blues.   The problem is, he is not shouting: this is a russian blue...

Korats are a shade heavier, more bulky, but not Korat either...  

That based on this one photo.

So, so far we must contend to call him for a Maltese Cat, ie a blue cat without any sure breed.

You are welcome to send some more good pics, and if you have any background info.   For example, how old is Basil?

A 10 year old looks often differently from a 2 year in his prime...

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

cmscheidegger

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for the input!

I would say he is between 8 and 9 years old. I have had him for about 5 years and before I adopted him from a foster family that found him outside, he had been hit by a car (the photos of him half shaved are from that time period).

That's all I know about his background.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Tx for the extra photos!   OK, on some of them his face looks almost as on some RB I know...   And him not young, and perhaps with a somewhat "excellent appetite" taking from him the typical elegant, slender looks....

He may have began his days as a pet quality Russian Blue.  But we cant come for sure any longer, even if we can say he is somewhat a look alike to a RB, so we must count him as a blue shorthair domestic, with the label of Maltese cat.

Yeah, I do see that little locket on his chest.   Its only a minor detail adding to him doomed as at best a pet quality RB - such lockets DO occasionally happen on RB, but they are hereby immediately counted as pet quality, however nice their other looks are.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cmscheidegger

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks so much!
That was an interesting read.

I was just curious :)