any ideas on the breed of my cat?

1crazysavannah

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well hopefully this will catch a bit of attention. Im curious as to what breed one of our cats may be. He has a very unusaul personality, he LOVES water, he has a small stub for a tail that he was born with. He is a white and cream color. Here is a link to pictures of him and my savannah. I have hear people mention kurilian bobtail ragdoll even norwegian forest cat, tell me what you think. http://pbckt.com/se.w3o

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A domestic longhair with no tail, either through accident or genetics.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can see a possible ragdoll mix on him... Does he have blue eyes? very cool cat! What's his name?
Welcome to TCS!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

1crazysavannah

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes he has the biggest blue eyes. His name is stubby. I didn't come up with it however, it deffinately fits him.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Will agree he IS unusual mix of cats. There is pointed in him, but I don't think the NFC has pointed as a gene, nor does the American Bobtail. With the coloring it would seem Ragdoll, but unless both parents were carrying the pointed/bicolor gene then you would not get a pointed cat.

Doesn't look like a "common" domestic either. My guess is some backyard breeder was mixing Ragdolls and Bobtails together - which would account for both parents to have pointed even if they were not.

Whatever he is, I'd show him in the household pet classes in shows - I'm sure he'd take home ribbons.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Whatever he is, I'd show him in the household pet classes in shows - I'm sure he'd take home ribbons.
Agree.

If you want to compare him to some look-alike.
He isnt no NFC-alike,
I dont know much about the Kurilean (=japanese) bobtail, so Im not commenting this. Possibly - I have a vague memory they are fond of water.

Look also at Cymric, ie the longhaired Manx-cat. Manx is stubby, usually they have only a VERY short stub, but they can come in several variations, so also sizeable stubs like Stubby has.