Any Idea What Breed Of Cat This Is??

McPickle

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
IMG_2885.jpg I got this cat from my neighbor at just 4 weeks old. I named her Colonel Whiskerson without knowing she was a female. The litter had 5 cats and one was siamese?? She has Maine Coon characteristics (very long body, chirping, thick breast plate etc.) but her face doesn't really resemble the Maine Coons I see on the net. Any idea what breed she may be?

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I think she's more of a Siberian lookalike than a Maine Coon lookalike (Siberians have a round face, like your Colonel Whiskerson). Without pedigree papers, she would be a brown mackerel tabby Domestic Longhair. She's very cute for sure!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I agree with above. Although, what breed a cat is, is really not what it somewhat resembles, but a proven ancestry as shown by correct papers or at least, a creditable background history...
The the great majority of all cats are domestics. :) Although its a nice pastime to speculate, if they are a look alike to some established breed. Here is Siberian and Maine coon the two main candidates.

I think Colonel Whiskerson is a good name for a female. Why not, there are lotsa of female colonels, even som also in fighting frontline positions. Not many of them HAS moustasches, but some may have a little darker hairs on the upper lip, it may surely happen. :)

Yes, its fully possible one of the littermates was a siamese look alike. If both parents were carriers of the point gene, about 1 of 4 kittens will be a "siamese-mix". While the littermates will look more alike parents.

The longhair gene behaves similiarly, so two shorthair parents MAY get one of four kittens longhaired, if both do carry the longhair gene.