Another "What breed is my cat" ? :)

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
These are common traits in young teenage cats, and he will probably grow into them till he is adult.

As its now, my guess is he is the common ginger tabby, shorthair domestic.  The salt of the earth.

But if he as adult proceeds to sport a longish body, big ears, somewhat prolonged, triangularish muzzle, we may begin to speculate if he has some granddad somewhere whom did come from another street.      So to speak.

As the military joke.  The not so pleasant  leutenant  von  Stropenhof  exercises the soldiers, and  shouts:  Number 23  private Schultz.  They say you are quite alike me.  Did your mother  worked as service maid on my fathers property 20 years ago?

And Schultz shouts back:  No, leutenant sir.  But  as I know, my father worked  as chauffeur and driver there for 25 years ago! Sir!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

theterrible3

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Bahahahaha!! Figured he was a common something or another, but just had to ask!! Thanks for your time :)

mollyblue

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Bahahahaha!! Figured he was a common something or another, but just had to ask!! Thanks for your time
The uniqueness of our cats does not come from being a special breed, but from being our special little fur baby.. my cats, though rescues, are very uncommon, if for no other reason than that they are mine!

The cat in my avatar is just an a barn kitty... but her entire life people told me what a beautiful siamese I had.  I didn't realize "snowshoe" siamese was a type of cat for the first several years of her life, I just thought her white boots were visual proof she wasn't a purebred.  

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

The uniqueness of our cats does not come from being a special breed, but from being our special little fur baby.. my cats, though rescues, are very uncommon, if for no other reason than that they are mine!

The cat in my avatar is just an a barn kitty... but her entire life people told me what a beautiful siamese I had.  I didn't realize "snowshoe" siamese was a type of cat for the first several years of her life, I just thought her white boots were visual proof she wasn't a purebred.  
I couldn't agree more! When we adopted a lynx mix and a snowshoe mix at the shelter I had no idea there were such cats: we were looking for a bonded pair, there they were, and they seemed like nice shy cats who needed lots of attention (they'd been underfed and in a too-many-cats situation) so we chose them. They're beautiful cats but partly because they're such sweeties. (They're also no longer at all shy!)

@TheTerrible3, your kitten is very cute! Have fun with him!