Another update on Snowflake (aka bragging!)

charmed654321

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Seymour, who's being a really good ambassador, had been hanging with her in the kitchen, when suddenly he come in to me in the bedroom to be held an petted. Snowflake, meowing, followed him, but stopped at the door (as usual).

She watched as I picked him up, petted him, kissed him, and he really loves that, and he was perfectly content. Then he wanted down, so I put him down.

He and Snowflake looked at each other for a few seconds, and then he left the room. She stayed at the doorway meowing at me, sometimes looking over and meowing at him (I assume) in the living room. I would answer her and she'd look back.

Then I leaned forward just a bit, held out my hand, and said, "Pss, psss, psss, come on sweetie. You can come in. It's okay."

Well, I'll darned. Looking at me, she took two steps into the room. Then stopped at where one of my shoes was laying (okay, Martha Stewart I'm not). She sniffed at my shoe, then turned and walked out and back to her place in the kitchen. Seymour then followed her back there and they've been playing. I can hear the crashing. lol

I am just so excited. I don't know what will happen if she ever decides to rub up against me if this gets me so thrilled. lol I'll probably run out into the street screaming and throwing pounce treats all around.

This is so neat And it really seems like Seymour is helping with this.

What an amazing experience.

For those who might not have seen it in the other post, and if you'd like to see Snowflake, here's her listing at petfinder (a little shy...the understatement of the year lol) But it was also posted before whatever happened to her (nobody knows) traumatized her so badly.

http://www.petfinder.org/pet.cgi?act...25&tmpl=&stat=

PS: They must have grown bored in the kitchen. Now I hear crashing in the living room. And Rocky's joined in the destruction.

I keep telling them...good thing they are so cute.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Brag on Snowflake all you want! That's great progress!!

I can just hear the kitty conversation.

Seymore: I'm telling you - people are NICE!
Snowflake: No, they aren't. You're young and haven't seen what I've seen.
Seymore: Oh yeah? I'll PROVE that they are nice - at least some of them! Like the lady who feeds us - she's really nice. *purrr*
Snowflake: Fine, prove it!

Seymore walks into the room, gets loves and kisses, and walks back past Snowflake in the doorway...

Seymore: SSEEEEE???
Snowflake: Well.....maybe they aren't all bad.....

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my! She is absolutely gorgeous!

Like my Ophelia, maybe all Snowflake needs is someone to show her how to act around people. While Ophie still bites/scratches, only when it is deserved, she is such a little doll

I hope Snowflake keeps on moving forward! Feel free to continue to brag. Oh yeah, resist running down the street until after Snowflake has been petted enough.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

charmed654321

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Brag on Snowflake all you want! That's great progress!!

I can just hear the kitty conversation.

Seymore: I'm telling you - people are NICE!
Snowflake: No, they aren't. You're young and haven't seen what I've seen.
Seymore: Oh yeah? I'll PROVE that they are nice - at least some of them! Like the lady who feeds us - she's really nice. *purrr*
Snowflake: Fine, prove it!

Seymore walks into the room, gets loves and kisses, and walks back past Snowflake in the doorway...

Seymore: SSEEEEE???
Snowflake: Well.....maybe they aren't all bad.....
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! LOL

Valan, that conversation was wonderful! Made me laugh!

Although if you had seen them, seen the looks between them, and heard the meow, you might have another take on the conversation. Especially since Snowflake was really the one who ended up responsible for bringing in Seymour. Seems to me it might have gone more like this....

Seymour: Really, she won't hurt you. She's really nice. Come with me, I'll show you.
Snowflake: No, people aren't nice. Your young and haven't seen what I've seen. I asked you to come in here to help protect me, not put me in danger!
Seymour: No, really, she's a pushover! All I had to do after she saw me huddling in the corner outside her door was to let her pick me up and purr. That was it, I was in like Flint. Never have to do another thing. Think of what would happen if you let her pet you!
Snowflake: I don't know, I've been hurt before. You really think so?
Seymour: Not only do I think so, but if you play your cards right, you might even get shrimp.
Snowflake: (The one really long meow) Shrimp??????
Seymour: I got chicken the other day, and all I had to do was nudge her cheeck with my nose. Watch, I'll show you.
(Seymour comes in, gets his hugs and kisses, and goes back out).
Seymour: Seeeee?????
Snowflake: I don't know. People haven't been nice to me before. Shrimp you say? Not sure if I believe you.
Seymour: Suit yourself. (leaves).
Snowflake (to me): You got shrimp?
Me: Come on sweetie, it's all right. I won't hurt you. Come on in.
Snowflake: (sticking her head in and sniffing my shoe, then turning to go back into the kitchen, with Seymour following). Yeah, right. Shrimp. All I got was a stinky shoe. Uh, by the way, what is shrimp?
Banging and crashing: Snowflake, Seymour and Rocky looking for Shrimp.

BTW, later than evening, while I was eating a grilled cheese sandwhich she came to the door again and meowed really loudly, looking right at me (must have smelled good). I put out my hand and offered her a little of the sandwhich. She looked at the food, me, back and forth to the room, the food, me and the room, then turned and walked into the living room.

The ensuing conversation:

Snowflake (to me): Is that shrimp?
Me: Here sweetie, you want some? It smells good, doesn't it? It's okay, you can come and have some. I won't hurt you.
Snowflake (lookiing around): Well, it smells good. Maybe this is shrimp. Maybe I should try? Can't be shrimp. If it was, seymour would be here. But she is sorta nice. Hasn't hurt me at all. Gives me food all the time. The other guys seem to trust her... maybe she might be okay. I am sorta lonely. I gotta think about it. (leaves to join Rocky and Seymour).
Snowflake (to seymour): Was that shrimp?

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Snowflake is soooo pretty! Brag away, it is so nice to her she is making progress. I love the conversations! They sound about right.