another romantic neuter

aclase

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I saw the post about the neutered kittens and have a similar problem I need help with. I have a 9 year old neutered (since he was 5months) male who has recently become romantic with one of my dogs.If she is laying down, Kipling will climb onto her back leg and start going through all the motions of mating but he is purring and kneading at the same time. If I don't interrupt him he will continue till he has had enough and then leave. Fortunatly for him Samantha is very passive and tries to ignore him. She is a big girl and if she weren't so nice, he'd be lunch. This is why he doesn't do it to the other dog as she would not be so nice about it. This goes on day and night about once or twice a day. Any advice on how to stop him? Poor Samantha is getting tired of being used! And no one is getting any sleep because of him.
Amanda Samantha Sydney and Kipling

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would take him to the vet and see if they might have missed something in the neuter, if it were me. Other than that, I would gently toss a dark blanket over the cat while in the process of mating- to startle him out of the behavior.