Another new kit on the block

dima

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi,

I've been lurking around here for a few days since I was directed here by one of my clients (I'm a web designer and am designing her site which includes a section on her European Burmese breeding). I became enthralled with Megan's Cleo stories and have quite enjoyed lurking about

But yesterday, ironically while I was driving and talking (hands free!) to my mother on the phone about one of my babies, I saw a black thing move on the road in front of me where I was stopped at a busy intersection. I got out and discovered it was a little black kitten, looked about 12-14 weeks old. Everything was closed at that hour and so I took it home to call the Humane Society's after-hours number. She started seizing, though, and bit my daughter and I (not intentionally, but just because she was seizing). Then the poor little thing died
Animal control picked her up about an hour ago and will test her for us just to be sure we're not going to keel over of something nasty.

Anyhoo, just feeling felinial (I just made that up
) and needed to share my sadness with other like-minded individuals.

About me: I'm a single mom to a fabulous 10 year old daughter named Danielle, a 9 year old blue tortie by the name of Moth, a 1 year old ginger tabby called Frodo Baggins (or Bado Friggins when he's being naugty...which is often!) and a fluffy 9 month old red and white Turkish Van mix named Pookie. All are rescues (the last two from the pound; Moth was rescued 9 years ago w/ her mom and 2 sibblings after being abandoned by my neighbour - her mom died in 2002 and her brother died last July of FIP; sister disappeared in 1997).

Due to the fact that my daughter is disabled and requires a lot of extra time and care, I am a stay at home mom. I am co-owner of a web development company with my partner, Steve, in Hong Kong. Steve is daddy to his 2 kiddos and 4 kitties (also all rescues from the SPCA in Hong Kong). Our love for kitties is what brought us together as business partners
We also give a percentage of all our profits to saving tigers, which have been exploited for far too long and are in danger of becoming extinct in the wild.

So hello to you all from Southern California!

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to you and all of yours to our TCS family! We hope you enjoy your stay here with us ( I think its a permanant home for some of us, lol), there are a lot of nice and knowlegeable folks here. If you need any assistance navigating the site or anything, just click on my username and PM me or Caprice, either of us will be glad to help!

stingy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am new too! Sad story
But, thank you for try.
Black kitten in heven smile on you.
You are very good person. What tiger group? Tigers are very beutiful.

Very nice every body here.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to the site from a fellow web designer! (Although I have a "name" I'm not really a full-on business.
) Thank you for trying with the black kitten. :angel2: At least the last people he knew were full of love and kindness to him.

You family sounds wonderful, both human and furry.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS DiMa! I was really touched by your post. Thank you SO MUCH for trying with the black kitty.
Your kitties sound wonderful and so does your daughter. I look forward to getting to know you on the boards.

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TSC DiMa!
I hope you enjoy your stay here and keep us posted if you find any results on how the poor little kitty died
I am really sorry you had to experience that...I will be happy to show you around or I am sure Cindy (KittenKrazy) would love to also! PM one of us if you have any questions!! Again-we're glad that you have joined TCS!

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS to you and your family!
So happy you're already enjoying your time here and look forward to getting to know you better.
Please let us know when you learn the results of the kitty you were so wonderful to try to save.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dima

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!
It's so warm and snuggly here...what a girlie thing to say, sheesh!

Heidi - good to see another web designer, too! If you ever need any help, let me know. I'm a TMM for Macromedia's Dreamweaver and have many years experience, so just give me a holler if you need to talk shop

My daughter is begging me for another cat now! She told her whole class that her cat died and now she needs a new kitten to replace it! Holy cow...the kid has a kitten in her hands for 15 minutes and suddenly it's *her cat*! She is begging me to go to the pound and get her another black cat. OI! My mother would seriously kill me if I actually sought out another cat...not that I'm afraid of my mommy or anything...
Hehehe

Thanks again for the warm welcome!

patchesmommy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Welcome, sorry to hear about the kitten. Glad you have other furbabies to console you.