Animal Cruelty Case - Memphis, Tn

Leomc123

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
i dont understand how this abuse could have gone un noticed for so long. I think the RSPCA and Animal rights organizations should be given the authority to be able to walk in to a persons property if they know there are animals in there without any notice and inspect the animals welfare. Animal abuse is getting out of hand now were because the animal welfare groups have no voice and have no authority to inspect and arrest anyone who is abusing animals. When neighbours call the animal welfare groups they are always told if they have water and shelter its ok, but it should not be that simple not to be bothered to check on an animals welfare. Animal welfare organizations need the authority to be able to check on animals even it is on a suspicion of animal cruelty.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hoarding is often due to mental illness, and because of the worthless health care system and archaic taboo mentality in the US, it's extremely difficult to get proper treatment. I'd rather see someone like that get the help she needs, and have cruelty charges reserved for actual cruelty, like drowning kittens or hanging a dog from his choke chain as "discipline".

Now, I suppose it's possible this is a puppymill situation, not the usual hoarding. In that case, they should throw the book at her. It would depend on whether she's sold any litters.

Last edited:

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Being a mama myself of 3 beautiful and sweet dogs, this is too heartbreaking for me to even read the whole article. One of the dogs chewed its own tail! My God!

The amount of cruelty of people to animals is shocking in itself, but those also who just stand by and do nothing are equally distressing. It's good that the neighbor reported this but what about many others? Just this morning there were two very small kittens crying and crawling outside our apartment. One by one from my window I saw my neighbors passed by and ignored the babies. I even heard from a child next door that somebody threw the kittens to the garbage bin and surprised why they managed to come back. The kittens have been abandoned already by the mama cat. I tried to coax her to nurse the babies again but in vain. So I had no choice but to bring them inside the apartment and see what I can do.