Anal sac problems?

calji08

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone, I’m new here and also a new cat owner. I’ve recently discovered something on my cat’s butt that kind of looks like a pimple. I tried looking it up to find out what it could possibly be and found anal sac disease? What I’ve seen on pictures look different from what I see on my cat.

Any clue on what it is and how I could possibly relieve it before taking him to the vet?

Attachments

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Nope. And, as a general rule, unless your vet has shown you how to deal with anal sac issues, I'd recommend having the vet see to it and show you how to handle it, regardless. That area, not being the most sanitary in the world, is not where you want open wounds without vet supervision.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. I agree - vet visit is in order. You can also send that pic to the vet - they might have some ideas for you, but it might also help to get you a quicker appointment. Anal sacs - if this were to be the issue - can become abscessed and would require careful expression and cleaning to avoid spreading the infection into his anus - as Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 alluded to above.