Almost due question

prncss89

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello my cat has to be real close since i have been feeling movement for 2 1/2 weeks now. However this morning instead of the babies flopping all over they seem extra calm. Just tiny thumps or wiggles every now and then where as yesterday it was a circus in there. Is anything wrong? Is it maybe just to crowed in there?
Melissa

willowsmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, I don't think you have to worry to much.....one kitty that I fostered had movement in her belly for atleast 3 weeks before she delivered. And if I remember correctly about a week before she delivered the movement slowed down majorly! time space for lots of kitties.....I don't think you have anything to worry about just even may just be feeling around when the babies are busy sleeping.

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by prncss89

Hello my cat has to be real close since i have been feeling movement for 2 1/2 weeks now. However this morning instead of the babies flopping all over they seem extra calm. Just tiny thumps or wiggles every now and then where as yesterday it was a circus in there. Is anything wrong? Is it maybe just to crowed in there?
Melissa
Maybe mom has run out of room.

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Activity levels in utero can vary, so I wouldn't be terribly worried about the decrease of it unless there were other issues going along with it. If your girl is still eating normally, using her litter normally and behaving normally and if there is no obvious distress then she is probably fine.

But, as I always say, if you ~think~ something is wrong, it probably is. If you still have that nagging feeling something is amiss, it is advisable to check in with the vet to get a professional opinion.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

prncss89

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for all the help I think I am just nervous. She laid on me a few min ago and they are all moving just fine! Thanks again
Melissa

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Please allow me to back up but a quick moment to say hello and welcome to TCS Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care Forum. We have a very friendly, responsive and supportive group of Forum participants here, so feel free to post your questions or concerns - there is normally always someone around!

*smile* It is very normal to feel nervous and anxious when awaiting the delivery of kittens. If you haven't already, you might want to take a moment and look over a few of the links in this thread ...

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74659

... so that you can learn what to expect and how to prepare for it. If you still have questions not addressed in those links, don't hesitate to let us know - there is bound to be someone around who has had a similar experience and would be willing to share ideas.

We look forward to hearing more about you, your Momma-to-be and of course, the babies when they arrive!