Albright's raw dog food recall

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maker: Albright’s Raw Dog Food
Cause: Potential salmonella contamination
Announcement: FDA report dated Nov. 13, 2020 (archived here)
What was recalled: 2 lb. chubs of Albright’s Raw Dog Food Chicken Recipe for Dogs, Lot #C000185, best by May 19, 2021

According to the recall announcement, 67 cases of this frozen raw dog food are being recalled after testing from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration found salmonella in a sample of the product. At least one pet, but no human, has been sickened so far.

If you have any of the product with the lot code and date listed above, discontinue feeding it. Instead, return it to the place of purchase for a refund, or call Albright’s Raw Dog Food at (260) 422-9440 for more information.

more at link

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
67 cases of this frozen raw dog food are being recalled after testing from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration found salmonella in a sample of the product.
Wow, thanks for posting this recall information. :thanks:

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
The US FDA has recalled some varieties of Sportmix pet food following reports that at least 28 dogs died after eating the food which had contained high levels of alfatoxin.

After the FDA received reports of the dog deaths - in addition to eight reports of dogs falling ill - Sportmix makers Midwestern Pet Food recalled multiple production lots of dry pet food for both dogs and cats.

The impacted varieties were from the Sportmix Energy Plus, Premium High Energy and Original Cat lines.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
Your welcome. It is a shame when this happens. I just came across this in the news. I will be going to the CDC and get set up for notifications. I want to know right away when stuff like this happens.

Have a Happy and safe New Year. 🙂

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, it is scary. I am so paranoid over my cats' food that I always check before I serve, if anything looks or smell off, I toss it. Maybe, there is nothing wrong, but I don't take chances. I know you can't alway detect toxic food, but I do what I can.

So sad for the owners of all those dogs that passed away because of that toxic food. That is just so heartbreaking! 😢