Advice On Missing Work For Job Interviews

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would definitely use the word "personal." Most people won't ask what that means in case it's something embarrassing.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You never tell a supervisor / manager / work why you are taking a personal day :headshake: It's none of their business.

Are there any organizations in your area that helps job seekers? Sometimes the library has a job seeker class. Lynda.com has free online courses on a variety of topics. Here are the ones on job searching: job search - Lynda

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would definitely use the word "personal." Most people won't ask what that means in case it's something embarrassing.
Ill try that, hope it works. thank you!

You never tell a supervisor / manager / work why you are taking a personal day :headshake: It's none of their business.

Are there any organizations in your area that helps job seekers? Sometimes the library has a job seeker class. Lynda.com has free online courses on a variety of topics. Here are the ones on job searching: job search - Lynda
Thank you for the link, I'll check it out! I've mostly been applying to jobs i qualify for. So far I've had 4 interviews.

This is my first job. I got used everyone here being open when requesting leave time. I've taken your advice and started being more vague. I'm just worried he'll say no. I'm really interested in the interview Monday. I don't want to miss it.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm really interested in the interview Monday. I don't want to miss it.
Was it you who wrote in another thread that you’re interviewing at a college? I worked for colleges and universities for almost 30 years so if you have any questions, you’re welcome to PM me.

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I asked. Just let him know it was something personal and he didn't ask any questions. Lol didn't think it would work. I'm grateful I've been saving my hours and rarely miss work. It seems to be helping me out now.:cheerleader:

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Was it you who wrote in another thread that you’re interviewing at a college? I worked for colleges and universities for almost 30 years so if you have any questions, you’re welcome to PM me.
I sent you a pm. Any advice would be appreciated. ;)

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I sent you a pm. Any advice would be appreciated. ;)
Still nothing. I’ll pop over to Site Help and let them know. Then I’m off to my volunteer gig at the sanctuary for the day. I’ll check back when I get home!

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Still nothing. I’ll pop over to Site Help and let them know. Then I’m off to my volunteer gig at the sanctuary for the day. I’ll check back when I get home!
sorry about that! Just saw your messages. Been a busy day today at work. Just tried sending it again.