Advice on a tiny stray!

kosame

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey everyone!
I know it's been a minute since I've been online- just started a full time job and things are pretty busy <3
Anyways, today my boyfriend's sister found a stray kitten!
She's about 10-11 weeks old, small, mostly black tortoishell lass. She's very adventurous and sweet, lots of big purrs from her! She seems decently healthy- big clear eyes, no sniffles/discharge, no big flea issues (she did get a bath and a thorough check). She is however very malnourished.
My bf's sister has two other cats as well. One neutered male, and a pregnant female. Both aren't super pleased but they're ok. Any advice on getting this kitty healthier? With feeding and all? I know a bit and I'm bringing some kitten stuff over tomorrow. I will also be taking her for a checkup as soon as I can.
I think bf's sister will be fostering this baby and socializing until she finds a home... but
my boyfriend has been wanting a kitten. I know he's financially sound enough for one, and he's really in love with this little girl. Fingers crossed he chooses to keep her! She loves him and I think it'd be a great match! And his first pet ever! He's been living vicariously through my boys for a while. We work at the same place so I'm hoping to talk with him more about her over lunch. Gotta head to bed now ;)
I'll try to get pics next time I head over there! She's precious!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Buy kitten chow and meat-first ingredient wet food, such as Fancy Feast Classic pates. Chicken is better than fish.

She should be fed wet food meals as much as she wants to eat 4 times a day for about 6 months, and always leave dry food and water available 24/7.

I hope he keeps her too. She sounds like a sweetie! :)

ArchyCat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Buy the kitten version of the food, both wet and dry. They will have the extra calories and protein a kitten needs. Kittens are more active than adults plus are growing. Hence the need for more calories and protein. I think KMR would be helpful. Buy the powder form. TCS members report that their cats seem to prefer it to the premixed form. Also you only have to make as much as your kitten eats every day.

Thank you for rescuing! And keep us updated!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kosame

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
thanks everyone for the replies! She's put on some weight and she's such a sweetie. Unfortunately, due to allergies with my bf's dad, he can't keep her :( We're all really sad.
His sister is having trouble just keeping up with her own cats and can't keep her, so we tried some resources but none of the local no-kill shelters will take her. I'm trying to find her a good home myself. I'll keep ya'll updated <3

If anyone knows anyone in the kansas city area who wants a new family member let me know!!

Attachments