Acana??

fireweed

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I feed the Acana Grainfree Prairies dry food, mixed with a little bit of Orijen (I usually pick up a few small 'trial size' bags of that too) and my cat loves it. His coat is super shiny, and he finishes his bowl every night.

He gets wet twice a day as well.

wine_black

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've heard bad news of Acana and Origen, they provoked diseases with \tnephros, there is a lot of starch , and the potato is not usefull for cats....

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Wine_Black

I've heard bad news of Acana and Origen, they provoked diseases with \tnephros, there is a lot of starch , and the potato is not usefull for cats....
the only issues with ORIGEN to date were to to excessive irradiation in Australia...

As far as kidney issues I personally suspect we will have lots of data in the next 5 or so yrs as the First generation NO Grain food cats reach "senior" yrs ...

Potatos are HIGH in starch and yes they are becoming a more common allergen in cats ( so far I think they are at 9th or 10th overall which IMHO = HIGH allergen ... the nightshade and green issues are well documented not to be issues in pet food s

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Wine_Black

Could you elaborate (where you got the bad news) or link to the site that you got the information from please?