A new kitty----maybe!

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those of you who know me are aware that my precious Tony went to Rainbow Bridge last month at the age of 15. We miss him so very much --- but a few days ago a cat rescue facility that I see on Facebook posted a picture of a tiny little grey kitty that they are fostering. Paul and I kept looking at his picture and I finally contacted the lady who runs the facility. She knows about Tony and has been following his illness and his loss on Facebook. Anyway, the grey kitty is around 7 weeks old, currently being fostered because he is still young and needs to grow a bit. To make a long story short, we may go to his foster home to see him this weekend. When we see him i hope we will know if it is the right match. I just love that cute little face, and they say he is friendly but "shy". I thought it might be too soon -- but maybe it is the right match. If you are on Facebook you can see his picture on my Facebook page --- go to my name: Lana Rudner, and hopefully can see him. We already have a name -- "Carlie". There's a story behind the name, but I'll go into that later.

What do you guys think?

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think that a living tribute would be a wonderful way to celebrate Tony's life. The little one would be so blessed by coming into your lives.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Only you can tell if it is too soon, but my own experience has been that adopting a new kitty helps me cope with the loss of the old.  The new one just expands your heart and doesn't detract at all from the loving memories you have of the recently passed cat.
  In fact, I feel that I am honoring the memory of the departed cat by giving a home to another cat who needs one.  Having the new kitty to take care of and get to know is also a wonderful distraction.  It's not like you forget, but the sharpness of the pain is dulled by the fact you are focusing on something else.  

It's funny how cats come along in our lives.
  Even though you weren't actively looking, this little guy has grabbed your attention.  I hope everything goes well this weekend.  Is he still with his mama?  If you decide he's the one for you, please post pictures!  

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just a correction-- name will be "Charlie". My fingers weren't working right.

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
The most painful thing I did after losing Kitten was bring Little Mercy home.

The smartest thing I did after losing Kitten was bring Little Mercy home.

Mercy at least helped fill a huge hole left in our home

Looking at Mercy every day reminded us why she was here and Kitten was not.

The reason we have pets and bring them into our homes is for the love we can express without fear and the joy they bring. Loving Little Mercy is a tribute to everything we knew and loved about Kitten.

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The most painful thing I did after losing Kitten was bring Little Mercy home.
The smartest thing I did after losing Kitten was bring Little Mercy home.
Mercy at least helped fill a huge hole left in our home
Looking at Mercy every day reminded us why she was here and Kitten was not.
The reason we have pets and bring them into our homes is for the love we can express without fear and the joy they bring. Loving Little Mercy is a tribute to everything we knew and loved about Kitten.
So well said - and thank you. I was feeling a little guilty about thinking of another cat after losing Tony. Of course we still have our Angel and Tippytoes, but something is missing. We hope to see the grey kitty this weekend where he is being fostered and will see what happens. We will know if it is right - and so will the kitty. That's how it was when we adopted Tony. As soon as they put him in my arms he reached up and licked my face and that was decided immediately. Hopefully it will be the same.

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes. something was missing. It still is. But something is filling the house back up with her own self emerging.  Even though Mook had a really rough few days she's happy now too. And every now and then she'll go to a place where I know she can still smell Kitten and just smell around it. I hope that your intuition is correct and you bond. I did instantly with Mercy. I knew. Which doesn't mean she wasn't and isn't frustrating sometimes. She's a baby. Good luck , Keep us posted.

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We're going to meet the little grey kitty tomorrow. Can't wait to see him. Half of me is feeling guilty, like I'm betraying Tony, but the other half tells me that the biggest tribute to my Tony would be to save a life and give another kitty the wonderful life Tony had - and Tony sure had a good life!! Throughout his 15 years "whatever Tony wanted, Tony got". Of course we do the same thing for Angel and Tippytoes -- and will do the same for another kitty --- the one we fondly call "Charlie". I'll take my camera and take pictures and hopefully post them.

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think Tony would want you to save another kitty. Sadly there will only ever be one Tony, Angel Kitten, Lucky or............................... getting another pet will never change that. What does change is there is one more kitty with a loving and safe home. 

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have my fingers so very crossed for you.  You will know if it is the kitten and the time.  Perhaps the greatest tribute we can give a much loved and lost cat is to bring another home, in the acknowledgment that the first showed us how precious the company of a cat is.