"A Multipurpose dog"

mulenag

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
A multipurpose dog, at home on land and in water, the Newfoundland is capable of draft work and possesses natural lifesaving abilities.

Ebony proudly poses with some of her working gear.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Theres two of those gorgeous dogs live on my estate and their HUGE!!! . Theres another one further down, but then i saw they've added a puppy and it was sooooo cute and fluffy

Are they all black because these ones are as well?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mulenag

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Are they all black because these ones are as well?
The black coloring is the dominant gene so many are black. But there are also black and white (called Landseers), solid brown and solid grey. Some blacks have a lot of white on their toes, chest and belly and they are termed Irish Spotted. Those are the acceptable show colors/patterns. Although you will also find dilute browns (creme) and brown/whites and grey/whites and I've even heard of a brindle popping up...that is quite unusual though.

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Awwww...she's beautiful!!

My girl finally got her 'pack' so now when we go for our long hikes, SHE can carry the water, and extra snack!!! Tehehehe; I gotta get pics of her in it...
I'm actually off now, to hit the trails...see you all later!

709juggalette

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by faith's_mom

Awwww...she's beautiful!!

My girl finally got her 'pack' so now when we go for our long hikes, SHE can carry the water, and extra snack!!! Tehehehe; I gotta get pics of her in it...
I'm actually off now, to hit the trails...see you all later!
Have fun!

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
she is a superb looking girl! i used to groom a newfie that weighed in at 14.5 stone. he was a true gentle giant.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mulenag

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks for all nice comments!

She is 3.5 yrs old and weighs only 105. She is quite fine-boned compared to many Newfs. I just like to think she is very feminine!
She is also fairly tall for a female...she is 30 inches at the top of her shoulders.

We do all sorts of work. We compete in AKC Obedience and Rally (she already has her CD and CGC and is one leg away from her RN), we've been training for her water rescue titles, and, as of now, we cart for fun. Eventually I hope to train her more formally for her draft title, but we are very geographically challenged here and any of the Newf specific tests are over 700 miles away. She loves to help with yard work...she hauls veggies in the fall and we also have a converted red wagon that she enjoys giving rides with when the nieces/nephews visit.

Working breeds love to work and you can see it in her when the gear comes out!