A Good WatchCat

GranolaLouise

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My new 1 yr 7 month old cat followed me around for an hour or more.jumping up, clawing at my pants, meowing. Just being a constant PEST. She had food so I knew hunger wasn't the problem. Still she wouldn't let me be at peace. I figured she just wanted to play with the feather wand or wanted another treat.

After about 2 hours into this behavior, holding her, petting her and trying to discern the problem I went into the bedroom for something and discovered that the Aerogarden growing machine power had failed and the machine was dead. The light that was always on until bedtime was out.

She jumped up on the bed, saw that I was fiddling with the plug and after that ,she was satisfied. She went back to her usual window watching in the back room...mission accomplished. She wanted to tell me that the light that was always on was off!

This little one makes a great "Alarm Cat". She lets me know when someone comes onto the 1st floor front porch as well!

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats always seem to know what's going on, don't they? :)

Our two guys always know when there's another cat near the back porch, even when the door is closed and the curtains are drawn. Sometimes, we can hear them but the cats always seem to know that one of their "cat buddies" are there, long before we do.

Occasionally, a racoon or an opossum will come by and that drives the cats nuts!

Yes, if you just know how to listen to your cats, they can tell you a lot about what's going on around the house! :)