A Different Relocation Question

tylermade

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How would you suggest I relocate two ferals that I have tamed from my office to my home? As of yet I don't have a barn to lock them into and I can't bring them in the house (too many cats already inside!). Can I just bring them home?

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi, the strays that your rescued will never be tamed, but they are socialized and that is a good thing. You say you want to bring them home? Inside your home, or just release them outside? I am not clear what you are asking? Is your home safe? Is it far enough away from busy roads or what? Are there any old sheds on your property, or a garage where you can keep these guys inside at least 4 days?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tylermade

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
These cats were born feral. I still haven't been able to trap the mother. But I was able to trap these two last year and have them spayed. Since a few months ago, they have both allowed me to pet them (this is why I say they're tamed). I want to bring them home because I don't plan on remaining at this job (if all goes well) and no one here will feed them like I do. I already have 11 cats in the house and 2 outside (more ferals/strays that I've tamed). I have 5 acres in a rural area, but no where to lock them in yet.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ahh okay thanks for explaining. You have a lot of cats, do you have a special room inside your home set up to put the newcomers in when they first arrive? Ours stay upstairs behind a chicken wire door-

Once the newcomers aren't being spit and hissed at by the resident cats (I have 9 inside/outside cats) and 2 purely outside cats then I put them outside in two large cages for 24 hours. Before I release them, I sprinkle catnip all over the ground, set out large bowls of canned food, fresh water and dry food. Then I release and pray. They usually scatter and go into the woods, but over the week following release, they come in to feed and stick around and there is little fighting-

Bless you for what you do- and good luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tylermade

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you! I'll try to find another room to put them in. I also have 2 dogs outside, but they LOVE cats! (And the outside cats love them!)

How large are your outside cages?

Thanks again!