A cat dream

zeety

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This has been on my mind for a couple weeks now and I've been trying to think how I can best present this experience. I'm not an especially mystic or spiritual type, nor am I someone who has spent my life with a pet cat. Indeed, I haven't been owned by one in 26 years. At the same time I've always shared a special bond with cats, even if I wasn't the human providing for their needs. It is seldom I visit a friend with a pet cat who doesn't remark how easily their pet warms up to me.

Anyhow, on with the story - about six years ago I moved into a new place down in south Texas in the middle of summer with temps close to 110 F and the a/c was broke until the maintenance guy could fix it. It was very late when I finally got all my belongings transferred from the old place to the new one, and I was quite tired. The place was just scattered with all my furniture, unopened boxes and plastic grocery bags as is typical when you move. Being so hot I just left the front door open and threw a comforter and pillow on the floor and crashed.

Here is where it gets weird: after a few hours of sleep I'm having this dream where a cat is lurking around the room. I know it is a cat because I can tell by the sound it makes as it crunches the plastic bags slowly investigating and sniffing everything. It's like I'm asleep in a dream watching what is going on.

Then, I wake up, and sure enough this cat is sleeping up on the window sill. I think to myself; wait, was that a dream, or was I just sleeping with my eyes open? So I talk to the cat and he just looks at me the way a strange cat typically will. I'm like "come here, baby" and he darts out of the house.

I never saw him again. I shared this experience with quite a few people afterwards because it was just SO REAL. I guess they think I'm crazy, but I know what happened. I don't sleep with my eyes open and I can't tell by any particular sound some animal is making a specific noise walking on a plastic bag.

Cats are telepathic, end of story

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I went to see a spiritualist with some friends a couple of months ago, and she said when we dream of someone that has crossed over, it's them actually coming down to see you to check your ok. I wonder if it's something similar?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zeety

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Could be, dreams are so weird and really hard to make any sense of. I sort of like to think of that experience as an instance of Lucid Dreaming, only it went further and connected to reality because there actually was a strange cat lurking in the room as I slept.

The simple explanation is that my brain is somehow sensitive enough to pick up on the sounds of a cat being very stealthy investigating all that stuff in plastic bags in the still and quiet of the night, and it was somehow translated into visual imagery in my dream...even though I didn't normally have cats around then.

I guess I'm not really looking for an answer, just sharing an experience. I know the ancient Egyptians held cats in very high regard and they believed in reincarnation. I wouldn't mind being a cat in my next life...that'd be cool with me.

ambermay

I hold your heart close to my chest.
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't know if this what I will say may speak to you, but I know the following:

When people sleep (and this includes all people, feline included), they actually leave their physical bodies and when we wake up - we seldom, if ever remember our true experiences.

But once in a while we can remember, but not understanding it - we just put it down to: "oh, that was just such a weird dream..." thing.

Cats, in-fact are very psychic and telepathic.  They can go and see into the astral worlds even when conscious. (Not only cats of course, but many animals can do that).

Some humans also with practice can do conscious astral traveling, but most of us can not master this.

I myself learned not to ignore messages like that which you described, even if I don't understand the 'message'.

There is a possibility that some cat in distress and needs help or/and rescuing and/or home, and some other cat might have acted on his/her behalf visiting you.  Because cats always know and remember what they do in the astral - there is a possibility that that cat also came to see you when back to his/her physical body, just to see what your reaction would be and if you got the 'message'.

This, of course, might sound little far-fetched to most of us, who don't give animals credit of being no less intelligent than us, humans.

And I apologize if this is the case.  I myself is very skeptical even in-spite of all my experiences in this regard.

Though, I do give my cats this credit, even though I'm not as telepathic as they are.

It is hard in your case to know what to do at present, how to react and how to act upon your dream.  But just listening to your own urges and impulses might help.  After all you might come across an animal even such as dog, or other - and  your heart will just skip a beat and you will feel that could be the answer to your given experience.

This kind of thing happened to me, and I got my answer about three months later.

zeety

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't know if this what I will say may speak to you, but I know the following:

When people sleep (and this includes all people, feline included), they actually leave their physical bodies and when we wake up - we seldom, if ever remember our true experiences.

But once in a while we can remember, but not understanding it - we just put it down to: "oh, that was just such a weird dream..." thing.

Cats, in-fact are very psychic and telepathic.  They can go and see into the astral worlds even when conscious. (Not only cats of course, but many animals can do that).

Some humans also with practice can do conscious astral traveling, but most of us can not master this.

I myself learned not to ignore messages like that which you described, even if I don't understand the 'message'.

There is a possibility that some cat in distress and needs help or/and rescuing and/or home, and some other cat might have acted on his/her behalf visiting you.  Because cats always know and remember what they do in the astral - there is a possibility that that cat also came to see you when back to his/her physical body, just to see what your reaction would be and if you got the 'message'.

This, of course, might sound little far-fetched to most of us, who don't give animals credit of being no less intelligent than us, humans.

And I apologize if this is the case.  I myself is very skeptical even in-spite of all my experiences in this regard.

Though, I do give my cats this credit, even though I'm not as telepathic as they are.

It is hard in your case to know what to do at present, how to react and how to act upon your dream.  But just listening to your own urges and impulses might help.  After all you might come across an animal even such as dog, or other - and  your heart will just skip a beat and you will feel that could be the answer to your given experience.

This kind of thing happened to me, and I got my answer about three months later.

Thank you so much! I'm not a scientist...but I know what I know...and I know what happened in that dream. I truly believe there are other dimensions we all visit in our dreams and we can have access to if we choose. It is murky and difficult to understand, but we all know it is there.

I think anyone who has loved a cat as their closest companion would understand why I believe this. The rest of them? ...meh

zeety

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm going to go even further and say we in the West who are so technilogically advanced to have congeruered space,  have lost touch with our true spiritual roots. This will be the downfall of the USA...we are just too damn arrogant.

I'm not smart enough to explain it, but something in my core being tells me us white folks are really doing something wrong. And a lot of young people who aren't "scientests" think so as well.

ambermay

I hold your heart close to my chest.
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm going to go even further and say we in the West who are so technilogically advanced to have congeruered space,  have lost touch with our true spiritual roots. This will be the downfall of the USA...we are just too damn arrogant.

I'm not smart enough to explain it, but something in my core being tells me us white folks are really doing something wrong. And a lot of young people who aren't "scientests" think so as well.
It sounds like you are a spiritually awakened person.

So you will know your truth.

In what you said about: "Have lost touch with our true spiritual roots" there is a lot of truth, not only in the USA.

I tend to believe the same kind of thing, even though I can't speak form my own experiences, being one of those who lost the touch mostly.

zeety

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It sounds like you are a spiritually awakened person.

So you will know your truth.

In what you said about: "Have lost touch with our true spiritual roots" there is a lot of truth, not only in the USA.

I tend to believe the same kind of thing, even though I can't speak form my own experiences, being one of those who lost the touch mostly.

We have too many distractions in life.

Get a cat