6 month old kitten not eating anything ans vomiting white foam and yellow liquid

Arjun Karfa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have 2 six month old kittens. From yesterday, one of the kitty is not eating anything and vomiting white foam. Also some worms are also coming out with the vomit. He has vomited 8-10 times. Today I called the vet and he was given saline along with some anti-biotics. He has become very much week and is sitting like a bread loaf all day long. In the evening he had little energy and moved 2meters (that's his whole days movement). The vet has asked not to give any food for next 3 days and only to give saline 2 times a day. The problem now is that along with diarrhea and vomiting, water is coming out of his mouth and ears. It's very small amount but still it's very alarming. Please help me anyone.
The other cat is totally fine and we have separated her from the other one.

I am attaching the prescription given by the vet.
IMG-20220904-WA0005.jpg

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
I'm extremely concerned for this little one, it needs medicine to get rid of the worms and it needs nutrition. Can you find a different vet?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Arjun Karfa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm extremely concerned for this little one, it needs medicine to get rid of the worms and it needs nutrition. Can you find a different vet?
There are other vets but they are also saying the same. He is a little better today as he was sipping some water and moving a little. But there is no drastic change. Let me see if I can find any better experienced vet. Also should I do online consulting? How effective are those?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cats can't go 3 days without any food or they are at risk for fatty liver disease. Please feed your cat food despite what the vet says.

The worms need to be treated. Did the vet suggest any deworming medicine to give?

The prescription isn't legible. Do you have any idea what the medicines prescribed are?

Online vets are questionable. You really have no idea who the person you are talking to is. Anyone can claim they are a vet but you really do not know. The only one I would suggest trying is the one at Chewy.com Connect With a Vet - Free shipping | Chewy Keep in mind that online vets are limited in what they can do. A vet has to examine a pet in person and run tests and all that to determine what is wrong. That's not possible to do with an online chat or virtual visit. The vet can offer some suggestions on what to try to help the cat but that's about it.