~5 Month Old Tuxedo Cat W/ Blue Eyes

dannybrown

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat Finley will be 5 months old in a week and still has blue eyes. They are not as piercing blue as they were when he was a younger kitten, but they are still undeniably blue. From what I understand, a cat's eye color will be determined by the time it is 4 months old. He seems to have some traits of a siamese or related breed. I just can't find a photo of another tuxedo cat with blue eyes. Ultimately, will my tuxedo cat's eyes stay blue as an adult? A
IMG_20180329_175911.jpg
nd is my cat a genetic anomaly, or have I just not done my research?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dannybrown

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for the kind words. One thing that would be helpful is if someone could produce a photo of another tuxedo cat with blue eyes. I just can't seem to find one anywhere on the internet unless they are a young kitten whose eyes haven't changed yet.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the kind words. One thing that would be helpful is if someone could produce a photo of another tuxedo cat with blue eyes. I just can't seem to find one anywhere on the internet unless they are a young kitten whose eyes haven't changed yet.

D dannybrown -Bicolour cats with blue eyes aren't common, but neither are they genetic anomalies. Siamese ancestry (cs on the C locus) will certainly produce them now and then, and when it happens, they're truly striking cats, just as is Finley.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Minxxy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat Finley will be 5 months old in a week and still has blue eyes. They are not as piercing blue as they were when he was a younger kitten, but they are still undeniably blue. From what I understand, a cat's eye color will be determined by the time it is 4 months old. He seems to have some traits of a siamese or related breed. I just can't find a photo of another tuxedo cat with blue eyes. Ultimately, will my tuxedo cat's eyes stay blue as an adult? AView attachment 224858 nd is my cat a genetic anomaly, or have I just not done my research?
He is a beauty for sure . Love the blue eyes . Our female cat is white/calico and the most piercing blue eyes.

Zoren

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Most Tux cats have green to yellow eyes, but many have blue, occasionally I've seen aqua. Your kitten has fantastic blue eyes! My Tux has seafoam green eyes. They were blue for 13 weeks. His dad is an Exotic Shorthair with blue eyes and fawn coat and mom's 1/2 Persian with calico coat and yellow eyes. Don't know what the mystery 1/4 is.

Kris107

Cat mom, cat foster mom
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well I'll be... I have never seen that color combination before. I've seen some all white cats with blue eyes and I've had a couple of Siamese which of course do too... Very cool combination and it's interesting to know others can have blue eyes too!

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well I'll be... I have never seen that color combination before. I've seen some all white cats with blue eyes and I've had a couple of Siamese which of course do too... Very cool combination and it's interesting to know others can have blue eyes too!
someone the other day posted a orange kitten with vivid blue eyes