5 Gotta Go - Fruit Edition

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only one I don't like is pomegranate. I couldn't figure out how to eat it. It's all juice and seeds!
Sorry, I gotta keep all the rest!

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Peach cobbler is my favorite desert. When I was able to I used to make it in the summer. It was one of the few things I made from scratch. Walmart sells Patti LaBelle's peach cobbler and it is delicious. I would kill for a piece right now.
I haven't made it but her recipe is on the internet. It uses canned peaches and ready made pie crusts. It is in two layers, make the first layer, bake for a bit then add the second layer. It uses agave syrup rather then sugar. If I were to make it I would try to find the ratio for sugar to agave because the agave would end up sitting around until I finally threw it out. I know it is sweeter then sugar so it wouldn't be an exact equivalent.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't made it but her recipe is on the internet. It uses canned peaches and ready made pie crusts. It is in two layers, make the first layer, bake for a bit then add the second layer. It uses agave syrup rather then sugar. If I were to make it I would try to find the ratio for sugar to agave because the agave would end up sitting around until I finally threw it out. I know it is sweeter then sugar so it wouldn't be an exact equivalent.
I thought the one I brought in Walmart had fresh peaches. Oh well, it tasted good to me. It may be too sweet for some people.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
In order.

Strawberry (never liked the taste)
Apricot
Apples (I can only eat when its chilled)
Raspberry
Pear