4month Old Kitten Is Drinking Milk From Another Cat

Mon1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello! So I have a cat who had babies over a week ago, and I have adopted another kitten who is around 19weeks old now. Today in the morning I noticed that the kitten is sucking on mama’s nipples and drinking her milk together with the babies. I took her away but the moment I turned around she was back at it. And every time I do, the same scenario happens. Should I be worried and keep her away from the mama and her kittens or is it okay and I shouldn’t be worried? Mostly I’m worried that mama has enough milk to only feed her babies, and I don’t want her to run out of it because a giant baby decided to join the party. ‍♀

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, this may be a problem.
How many are the small kittens? Is momma healthy and well fed?

Be sure she has good nourishment, and weigh the kittens daily, so you see they do add as they shall, about 10+ grams a day or more is what we want to see.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mon1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
There are three small kitties, all are growing fast and well. Mother is well taken care of and gets as much food as she wants, both dry and wet, plus water.

The 4month old kitten started doing this only today and it’s very hard to keep her away from them.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Ok, so it shouldnt be no big problems.

If its ok for momma, and the small ones get their share...

Keep watch on the weights, so you are pretty well guarded.