2 Month Old Kitten Kneading And Suckling

kittylady13

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just adopted an approx 2-2.5 month old gorgeous Siamese mix angel. Shes is so sweet and clearly is clinging to me as she cries when I walk away or leave. She loves to be right by me and whenever I lay in bed she kneading and purrs and suckles on my blankets or me. Should I be concerned at this habit? It is very cute to watch and I dont mind it.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Nothing to be concerned about but if being suckled on bothers you, as it does me, you can redirect her to the blanket. She may outgrow the habit as she gets older, but some do continue through adulthood.

She is utterly adorable, by the way. Some of my most favorite cats have been Siamese mixes.

BonitaBaby

Emotional Support Cat "Owner"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just adopted an approx 2-2.5 month old gorgeous Siamese mix angel. Shes is so sweet and clearly is clinging to me as she cries when I walk away or leave. She loves to be right by me and whenever I lay in bed she kneading and purrs and suckles on my blankets or me. Should I be concerned at this habit? It is very cute to watch and I dont mind it.
She sounds so sweet! I read from other threads that that behavior usually happens because the kitten was taken away from its mother too early.

One of my sister's cats would knead my shoulder and purr loudly. Hurt me and I had to clip her claws, but I miss it. I tried to get a calico that looked like her. My baby doesn't knead.