14 week old kitten weight?

happyliz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We never knew mittens real age but we r assuming she is 14 weeks old about to be 15 on Tuesday. I would love to know her exact age and I am no cat expert and think she might be younger. Her eyes haven't turned her permanent color yet is that normal? U can see some green by her pupils. She also weights 3lbs and 4oz is that good for a 14 week old kitten? Here r some pictures please help me with this it would mean the world to me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

happyliz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Last picture I Promise this one was like a week or 2 ago but it shows her eyes and what I meant.

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know how much she should weigh, but that sounds about right to me for an older kitten. Girls are always a bit smaller. She looks healthy--clear-eyed, alert, curious, neatly groomed. So if she's healthy, it's okay for her to be small. Some adult females weigh no more than six pounds! The number on the scale isn't near as important as the health of the cat. Even when it's tiny newborn kittens you're worried about, the important thing is whether they keep gaining. :)

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The usual rule of thumb for kittens is around one pound per month. . .so if she's 3 1/2 months that's about right! Her eyes aren't baby colored, but they will probably get lighter as she gets older. My calico had lovely rust-colored eyes until she was a year or two old. . .I was hoping she'd keep them that color. But they turned yellow as she got older.

Kittens can go into heat as early as 14 weeks, so be aware! And it would probably be a good time to schedule her spay.