Name Three Things - 2024

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
It's chilly this morning. We got down to the upper 40s last night. A little too chilly for the end of May.
  • I'm going with Rick to today's auction! It's an all-day thing, but if I get tired or bored, I'll come home early, then go back to pick him up when he's ready to leave. He brought home a beautiful Boston fern last night and a gorgeous flat of red and white (no purple) geraniums. They'll finish off the flowers today, so I'll check them out. But I also want to look at the housewares section because...well, you never know. Rick is going to check out the tools.
  • When we get back home, I'll plant the geraniums in the wooden duck. And put the fern in the front garden at the Shed.
  • Almost finished with The Hunt for Atlantis and might be able to start The Tomb of Hercules tonight.
My goodness,it's the first of June!!!! 40degrees? Is that the oddest thing!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
OK, well, that's the last time Rick will take me along to an auction! Came home with a flat of purple dahlias, a flat of purple and white geraniums, two flats of Gerbera daisies, two coral bells, and a flat of elephant ears.

And a Traeger wood-fired grill. I couldn't believe it. This was a silent auction. Rick had put in a bid on it Friday night. And got outbid yesterday morning. So he outbid the outbidder and got outbid again. And bid again. That auction was over at 1:00. About 12:30 we walked over to see what was going on and he was still the highest bidder. 1:00 came and...we won! And had no way to get it home. I called my BIL to see if he was around. He was and told me to hang tight; he'd be over with his trailer. He and Rick got it home and then Rick and our neighbor wrestled it into the back yard beside the gas grill. So I finally have my smoker. I need to grab some pellets and then I'll put it to the test. First thing is pulled pork! Yum!

And when I dropped off to sleep around 11 last night, I slept straight through the night until the girls started in at 5:30 this morning.
  • Breakfast for the girls, made Dear Richard's coffee, and running the dishwasher on the short cycle this morning.
  • Two loads of laundry at some point.
  • Plant the flowers this afternoon.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
OK, well, that's the last time Rick will take me along to an auction! Came home with a flat of purple dahlias, a flat of purple and white geraniums, two flats of Gerbera daisies, two coral bells, and a flat of elephant ears.

And a Traeger wood-fired grill. I couldn't believe it. This was a silent auction. Rick had put in a bid on it Friday night. And got outbid yesterday morning. So he outbid the outbidder and got outbid again. And bid again. That auction was over at 1:00. About 12:30 we walked over to see what was going on and he was still the highest bidder. 1:00 came and...we won! And had no way to get it home. I called my BIL to see if he was around. He was and told me to hang tight; he'd be over with his trailer. He and Rick got it home and then Rick and our neighbor wrestled it into the back yard beside the gas grill. So I finally have my smoker. I need to grab some pellets and then I'll put it to the test. First thing is pulled pork! Yum!

And when I dropped off to sleep around 11 last night, I slept straight through the night until the girls started in at 5:30 this morning.
  • Breakfast for the girls, made Dear Richard's coffee, and running the dishwasher on the short cycle this morning.
  • Two loads of laundry at some point.
  • Plant the flowers this afternoon.
I was just starting to wonder how in the world you got everything home after the second palette of flowers,lol.... I mean I have a Mustang ,I might get 4 potted plants on the back seat, ROFL

Can't wait to hear about how great that pulled pork is going to turn out! Glad you had such a fun day

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Bought groceries, washed the car, washed the bird poop off the shed so I can hopefully paint it this week. I just need a couple days without rain. Prepping for painting I discovered I had four quarts of brown exterior paint and would not have needed the $40 gallon I just bought. So annoyed with myself for not checking.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Bought groceries, washed the car, washed the bird poop off the shed so I can hopefully paint it this week. I just need a couple days without rain. Prepping for painting I discovered I had four quarts of brown exterior paint and would not have needed the $40 gallon I just bought. So annoyed with myself for not checking.
Can you return the gallon you just purchased?

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Kwik Kwik , we used to have Mustangs! And yeah, you can't get much of anything into the trunk! I can fill Clarence (my PT Cruiser) to the rim with stuff. It's amazing. But even poor Clarence wouldn't have been able to haul the Traeger home. Nor could Hazel, even with the back seat pulled down. We are missing our truck. Rick thought it would be a good idea to sell the truck because "What are we going to use it for anymore?" He's since found out that we are missing the truck more than he thought we would.

I pretty much got my flowers planted and gave the rest of them to Rick and we'll plant them in the front yard garden. It's difficult to have flowers around the WeShed because that area gets only morning and late afternoon sun. That's good for a lot of plants, but not for many sun-loving blooming plants. I planted dahlias and geraniums in planters, too, and can move them around. Finally got my white duck/goose/whatever planter done. Rick helped me with the elephant ears and with the coral bells, then he went over to the front yard garden to work there. And I worked on weeding along the house. Til I was done last night, I was crab-walking; my back doesn't do very well when it comes to gardening. A very! hot shower and a good night's sleep with the electric blanket last night worked wonders.

My nephew sent me a great email about his Traeger with tips he wished he would have known when he first started out. Very informative and I know he'll be available for when I call and say "Help!" :paperbag:
  • Based on my nephew's recs, I purchased a MeaterPlus (thermometer). While I was at it, we like the cat litter box that I bought the other week so much that Rick told me to order another one. This one has a lower front, but higher sides. Sometimes Mollipop pees out over the back of the box. She can't with this one. We're replacing the BoodaDome with the new box.
  • Run some errands in town this morning.
  • And then work in the gardens around the house this afternoon and evening.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Kwik Kwik , we used to have Mustangs! And yeah, you can't get much of anything into the trunk! I can fill Clarence (my PT Cruiser) to the rim with stuff. It's amazing. But even poor Clarence wouldn't have been able to haul the Traeger home. Nor could Hazel, even with the back seat pulled down. We are missing our truck. Rick thought it would be a good idea to sell the truck because "What are we going to use it for anymore?" He's since found out that we are missing the truck more than he thought we would.

I pretty much got my flowers planted and gave the rest of them to Rick and we'll plant them in the front yard garden. It's difficult to have flowers around the WeShed because that area gets only morning and late afternoon sun. That's good for a lot of plants, but not for many sun-loving blooming plants. I planted dahlias and geraniums in planters, too, and can move them around. Finally got my white duck/goose/whatever planter done. Rick helped me with the elephant ears and with the coral bells, then he went over to the front yard garden to work there. And I worked on weeding along the house. Til I was done last night, I was crab-walking; my back doesn't do very well when it comes to gardening. A very! hot shower and a good night's sleep with the electric blanket last night worked wonders.

My nephew sent me a great email about his Traeger with tips he wished he would have known when he first started out. Very informative and I know he'll be available for when I call and say "Help!" :paperbag:
  • Based on my nephew's recs, I purchased a MeaterPlus (thermometer). While I was at it, we like the cat litter box that I bought the other week so much that Rick told me to order another one. This one has a lower front, but higher sides. Sometimes Mollipop pees out over the back of the box. She can't with this one. We're replacing the BoodaDome with the new box.
  • Run some errands in town this morning.
  • And then work in the gardens around the house this afternoon and evening.
Must look gorgeous- would love to see photos of those flowers planted- flowers are just so beautiful and uplifting

That's what I miss most about living in a single family home- that and spending my money as I want and as needed