Coffee and Tea Talk - 2024

IzzysfureverMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I used my points to get a large mocha frozen coffee at Dunkin today because I only had one cup this morning that I had to take on the road to J's gymnastics class.

I got a cappuccino at the Jewel Starbucks yesterday. I feel like Starbucks drinks always disappoint me lately.
Yep I get the Starbucks disappointment. I occasionally buy a bottle of their dark roast cold brew in the supermarket and add a almond coconut milk to it. That is pretty good for the most part but walk drinks I have not gotten in years because the quality seem to go down.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I get the Starbucks disappointment. I occasionally buy a bottle of their dark roast cold brew in the supermarket and add a almond coconut milk to it. That is pretty good for the most part but walk drinks I have not gotten in years because the quality seem to go down.
I think that's because you're at the mercy of whoever is making your drink in the store. The employees tend to come and go rather frequently and are not true baristas. Their prices go up but their quality goes down. 👎 Just one of the many reasons why I don't like chains in general and would rather support an independent coffee shop. The only time I go to SB anymore is if I get a gift card or I'm traveling and there's no other coffee shops nearby.

Two dark roast black coffees today. I like to do my own pour over when I'm at home.

IzzysfureverMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think that's because you're at the mercy of whoever is making your drink in the store. The employees tend to come and go rather frequently and are not true baristas. Their prices go up but their quality goes down. 👎 Just one of the many reasons why I don't like chains in general and would rather support an independent coffee shop. The only time I go to SB anymore is if I get a gift card or I'm traveling and there's no other coffee shops nearby.

Two dark roast black coffees today. I like to do my own pour over when I'm at home.
We have two chains here in our small town. Starbucks and Dunkin. We also have two independent coffee places . Both easily better and more consistent then the chains.