Introducing Betty White

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hoping dinner was a success as well, and breakfast! :agree:
Dinner was a success. She left a little on second dinner. But she ate breakfast in a timely fashion. There’s still a little left. But that will be gone by lunch.

I thought I had a few more days left on her Gabapentin. But I figured since I was likely to run out over the weekend, I got her refill rolling on Tuesday. I didn’t get the text until too late last night. This morning it looks like I have one or two doses left. I will be picking up the new stash at lunch today.

I think I’m going to call the dentist next week. Let’s see if I can get her in over the summer before my seasonal depression returns and puts it off for another six months.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dinner was a success. She left a little on second dinner. But she ate breakfast in a timely fashion. There’s still a little left. But that will be gone by lunch.

I thought I had a few more days left on her Gabapentin. But I figured since I was likely to run out over the weekend, I got her refill rolling on Tuesday. I didn’t get the text until too late last night. This morning it looks like I have one or two doses left. I will be picking up the new stash at lunch today.

I think I’m going to call the dentist next week. Let’s see if I can get her in over the summer before my seasonal depression returns and puts it off for another six months.
Yeah, I recall you have SAD. So hope you can get Betty's teef bright and shiny and healthy soon. And hope her Gaba will be enough to hold her until she gets her new supply. Elvis didn't do a great job on yesterday's brunch, but he improved with salmon for dinner. This morning he's doing well on his chicken & turkey, a favorite.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I recall you have SAD. So hope you can get Betty's teef bright and shiny and healthy soon. And hope her Gaba will be enough to hold her until she gets her new supply. Elvis didn't do a great job on yesterday's brunch, but he improved with salmon for dinner. This morning he's doing well on his chicken & turkey, a favorite.
Apparently getting things done is a struggle for most neurodivergents. It's a hallmark of the neurotypes and has a few different names like executive function challenges and pathological demand avoidance. And my own term for it: a bad case of the don't-wannas. I have intuitively known that I struggle with this more than others even before discovering my neurodivergence. It has since become part of my masking. Someone once described those things you have to do as rocks in a fish bowl. If you fill up your bowl with little rocks, you'll have very little room left for the big rocks. The big rocks being the important things that need to get done. The bowl is your capacity to get stuff done in a day or a week. I prefer to take a weekly view. Ever since I heard this (probably twenty some years ago), I have strived to identify my biggest rock for the week and just see if I can get a big rock or two taken care of every week. The little ones will either get done in my periods of hyper-focus, or they will prove too little and slip through without any action needed. For me, there also seems to be a seasonality to this. I am much more able to get things done in warmer temperatures and brighter days. Last week's big rock was call Mom for Mother's Day and navigate her need to mother with my need to not feel excessively coddled. Oh and the speakers delivery. Yes receiving deliveries and making sure they actually get here is quite a huge rock for me. This week, my big rocks are getting Betty's gabapentin refilled (picking that up today) and getting my toilet repaired. The water didn't shut off after a flush. So I have shut off the water at the valve and simply turn it back on when I needed more water in the tank. I have been doing this for an embarrassingly long time because I didn't want to try to put my neurodivergent gut on maintenance's schedule. But there was a "call to schedule an appointment" option on the service form that I wish I knew about earlier. We just got it done this morning. Betty stayed in her cave and endured the maintenance guy coming in an out a couple of times like a pro. I had a bit more anxiety as we're running up against my meeting time and I get nervous in my gut. But I made it. Now I can relax having tackled my two big rocks this week. I think calling the dentist for Betty is my big rock for next week.

Last edited: