Immune mediated arthritis triggered by vaccines?

Suzsun

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all. I have a 3 year old white chinchilla Persian who has had an intermittent limp since she got her Vaccinations in December. It was especially bad in February so I took her in to the vet where she had X-rays and bloodwork. No cause for the limping was found. She was prescribed Metacam which helped greatly but I didn’t want her to stay on it. I moved to an Herbal formula called Pet Wellbeing Comfort Gold which has been mostly keeping it at bay but occasionally she will really start limping again! I was trying to do some research and it seems like there are articles that support that immune mediated polyarthritis can be triggered by vaccinations. Does anybody have experience with this? From what I can tell, it can be worse sometimes but then go into remissions? Otherwise, she is perfectly fine and eats and uses her litter pan well.

Picture is just for sharing what she looks like.
IMG_2235.jpeg

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Intermittent limping can be arthritis. Cats as young as 1 year old can have it. Does she take a glucosamine suppliment?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Suzsun

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I was giving her glucosamine but stopped when I put her on the other supplement with tumeric. Maybe I should add it back in? Wouldn’t the arthritis have shown in the xray?

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I was giving her glucosamine but stopped when I put her on the other supplement with tumeric. Maybe I should add it back in? Wouldn’t the arthritis have shown in the xray?
Arthritis can flare and subside so perhaps not. Good to discuss with the vet 🥰